;

Author Topic: HLS  (Read 88219 times)

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1070 on: July 17, 2006, 04:09:02 PM »
Yea, this one was free if you couldn't pay.  Which I'm not sure they verify.  In any event, it's 100 or more at immediate care clinics.

Laurenrae52

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 17, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »
Yep, my insurance didn't cover it at my dr's visit - so it was $90 -- then I heard about the free clinic and saved myself a bunch of happy hour money. :)
Harvard Law School, Class of 2009

sea dream

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 17, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »
hmm how intensive is orientation going to be, does anyone know? and i think i read that it is either the thursday or the friday before labor day weekend.. does that mean we get randomly assigned (based on section?) to a day, and the other day is free? and how important is participation in every single event (such as boston/cambridge tours)? my boyfriend is going to be visiting that friday through monday and it'll probably be the only time we can make for each other before winter break (when probably i'll be a stressed out mess based on other people's accounts due to finals) .. i wish we had more info on this stuff :/
Nevermind. Queen of the Waitlists, anyways.

asdf1234

• first person to guess the correct city WINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 18, 2006, 12:11:38 AM »
hmm how intensive is orientation going to be, does anyone know? and i think i read that it is either the thursday or the friday before labor day weekend.. does that mean we get randomly assigned (based on section?) to a day, and the other day is free? and how important is participation in every single event (such as boston/cambridge tours)? my boyfriend is going to be visiting that friday through monday and it'll probably be the only time we can make for each other before winter break (when probably i'll be a stressed out mess based on other people's accounts due to finals) .. i wish we had more info on this stuff :/

That's the only time you can make for him? : (

Where does he live?

I promised my girlfriend that we would see each other at least once a month (which means I leave probably two weekends a semester). 
HLS Class of 2009

My summer internship pays me to surf the web.  It's fantastic.

sea dream

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 18, 2006, 12:21:13 AM »
he lives pretty far away (about 3 hrs flight). maybe we can manage another time but he has a really crazy semester ahead of him and no days off the entire semester + work (already taking off labor day weekend for this). his winter break ends right before our finals begin, so again it's going to be a bit tricky, although i'm definitely going to see him in Dec or Jan. neither of us really have money to be flying in and out for short visits either =/. i guess it'll depend on how many sacrifices we can make and how patient we can be .. something we're already getting plenty of practice on atm. just hoping to survive 1L in many more ways than one- i recently had lunch with a few HLS 2Ls that told me it was the worst year of their lives- doesn't sound pretty.

been reading a bit on xoxo and such im guessing orientation isn't that crucial .. i'll probably skip most of everything after friday morning.
Nevermind. Queen of the Waitlists, anyways.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 18, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »
I thought orientation was important on Thurs and Fri, but social on Sat and Sun.

Laurenrae52

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 18, 2006, 09:50:47 AM »
I think that Thursday and Friday are the most important days, and Saturday/Sunday are more social.  I'm going tobe moving into my apartment that weekend so might be skipping a few things - although I don't want to be the lame girl that gets left out of making friends because I'm decorating my apartment.  :P

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 19, 2006, 12:30:25 AM »
I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been asked (I'm too lazy to scroll back through all these posts).

1) I want to order my laptop and accessories in the next couple of days.  I briefly looked on the website, but sadly discovered I'm pretty computer illiterate - what laptop/accessories did most of you select?

I got the X60S, am really happy with it, especially after owning a Dell laptop

2) Sotheby's anyone?  I rsvped that I'm attending - I hope to meet some of you there! =)

I'm going, maybe we can have a show of hands of who will be there so we can exchange numbers/meet up, etc?
HLS '09

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 19, 2006, 10:04:58 AM »
I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been asked (I'm too lazy to scroll back through all these posts).

1) I want to order my laptop and accessories in the next couple of days.  I briefly looked on the website, but sadly discovered I'm pretty computer illiterate - what laptop/accessories did most of you select?

I got the X60S, am really happy with it, especially after owning a Dell laptop

2) Sotheby's anyone?  I rsvped that I'm attending - I hope to meet some of you there! =)

I'm going, maybe we can have a show of hands of who will be there so we can exchange numbers/meet up, etc?

I wish I were going to be in NYC for that Sotheby's event.  Sounds like fun.

Damn, we're all gonna have x60s's.  I'll have to put stickers on my to distinguish it.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

Laurenrae52

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 19, 2006, 10:23:45 AM »
So, for Sotheby's tomorrow night - what is the dress code?  Is it business, or more cocktail/after 5 dress?  I realize this question is more for the gals, since guys wear the same thing everywhere.