Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS  (Read 88242 times)

theta fairy

• AOL Instant Messenger - muahthetafairy
    • View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #730 on: May 12, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »
Did I?  Now that I am heading to Harvard, I merged my accounts.  You won't have to worry about it for long now :D.

omg.  this is clearly one of the lamest reasons ever to return to posting after like a month of trying to not procrastinate, but i had *no idea* you could merge facebook accounts.  why the hell did i not know this before i spent like a good half hour starting to invite my ugrad friends over to my harvard account?!?

p.s. thanks so much, you rock my world.

p.p.s. WOO HLS 09!

okay, so like a week after i created my Harvard account they starting having that announcement at the top that you can merge your accounts..but not once youve already created one. Now, I havent invited all my UG friends yet and I could delete my Harvard account and create a new merged one... but comeon guys, how much do we (okay, maybe its just me..) want to add all of our UG & high school friends so that the ones we didnt get to tell at law school now know where we'll be going next year?? i'm not really one to brag much.. but i think we're allowed to, about this. this is the time where we get to feel really smart while everyone goes "you got in WHERE??" and then we can start school and feel realllllly dumb for the next three years
HAAVAAD

say yeah

• hang the dj, hang the dj, hang the dj.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cs1421
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 12, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »
For those of you planning to get a new laptop before next fall, does anyone know when we can start purchasing from Harvard's student store [or if we're even allowed..] and how to do so?

Or are better discounts available with a little effort to find them?

Any help would be much, much appreciated  :)

fainana

• Sr. Citizen
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #732 on: May 12, 2006, 02:46:22 PM »
You should check with your undergrad for discounts, most colleges get pretty good deals. I got like 400 dollars off my mac, and might buy my PC laptop at my school too.

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 12, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »
For those of you planning to get a new laptop before next fall, does anyone know when we can start purchasing from Harvard's student store [or if we're even allowed..] and how to do so?

Or are better discounts available with a little effort to find them?

Any help would be much, much appreciated  :)

If you want to use your budget increase to get a laptop (LIPP eligible) you have to wait until after June 15th.
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

say yeah

• hang the dj, hang the dj, hang the dj.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cs1421
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 12, 2006, 03:13:45 PM »
You should check with your undergrad for discounts, most colleges get pretty good deals. I got like 400 dollars off my mac, and might buy my PC laptop at my school too.

Yeah, I've definitely been looking at my undergrad's page and the college deals are pretty fabulous, but I graduated last spring and can't decide if it's worth trying to have a friend buy it for me or if I'd be better off just waiting until we could get into H's store.

Thanks, though!

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 12, 2006, 03:15:38 PM »

Yeah, I've definitely been looking at my undergrad's page and the college deals are pretty fabulous, but I graduated last spring and can't decide if it's worth trying to have a friend buy it for me or if I'd be better off just waiting until we could get into H's store.

Thanks, though!

Is there some reason why you can't still use your undergrad one? Do they actually check?
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

Laurenrae52

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 12, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »
Okay, everyone...I was just admitted to HLS today and I'm soooo excited!  I don't know anything about all the housing stuff - so I don't even know where to begin!  Any advice?
Harvard Law School, Class of 2009

dw05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 12, 2006, 05:22:21 PM »
Okay, everyone...I was just admitted to HLS today and I'm soooo excited!  I don't know anything about all the housing stuff - so I don't even know where to begin!  Any advice?

Congrats! ;D  Are you definitely coming to hls then? 
I'm going to Harvard!

WarrenG

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #738 on: May 12, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »

Congrats  :)
"That which we believe to be real becomes real in it's consequences."

Laurenrae52

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 12, 2006, 05:46:36 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I'm still in so much shock - this came soooo unexpected.  No "first phone call" - just an email today saying he wanted to chat -- a phone call to ask me if I was still interested (I was deferred in Jan) - and then he says, "Okay - you're in" ---- to which I replied, "I think I might throw up." (Yes, I have SO much grace). 

Anyway, I'll be getting everything in the mail this week and I'll be able to breathe easily.  I'm going to go up to Boston next weekend to look around, see how I feel - and give Toby a check. :)

Harvard Law School, Class of 2009