Law School Discussion

What if you use up all the published games?

What if you use up all the published games?
« on: January 04, 2006, 05:49:34 PM »
When I sit down to do a timed game I like to start fresh with a brand new game that I haven't seen before. If I keep doing this won't I run out of games to do before June? I have no idea how many are published.

Also, last night I totally flubbed a game and then spent like 20 minutes figuring it out. Tonight I just did the whole thing in 8:49 and got them all right. But does that really "count"? Do you consider that improvement? Because obviously some of the concepts were still in my memory.

Candice

Fidelio

Re: What if you use up all the published games?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 05:53:37 PM »
Candice you bought up two things. Let me address each of them.

1) If you feel that you will do all the LG in every test then here is the solution.  You should always keep track of the games you did and when you did them.  The ones you recently did, put aside and away.  Keep working on the newer ones.  Once you totally finsh of games.  Start back with the oldest one you pust aside, wherein you would hardly have any memory of that game.

2) Yes I consider that an improvement, not a major one, but still an improvement. You should of course look at the right set up of the game after you finished the game, let it sink in.   I would wait longer than one day though to retake a game I screwed up on.  You need to give yourself a few more days, so that the memory of the game wouldn't be so fresh. 

HTH

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 11:35:54 PM »
When you redo games, you remember there's some sort of deduction, but you're not sure what;  thus, you have to find it.  Doing this makes you more likely to remember a similar game on the real LSAT and thus finding a deduction.

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 07:33:59 AM »
Some games will be so tricky and trip you up so bad you should pull them out and set them aside after you figure them out so that you can refer back to them when you come across similar ones.

It just depends.