Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Testmasters Lesson One HW  (Read 2009 times)

maxse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Testmasters Lesson One HW
« on: July 19, 2004, 02:36:44 AM »
Ok guys. I recently finished the HW for lesson one. And I am a bit disspointed. There where hardly any problems on on the LR. Only 10!!! I believe that powerscore people get a lot more practice problems with explanations on the homeworks. I emailed the instructor and he said that its fine and I shouldnt try to go ahead, and tha tI should just realx that there will be a lot more work. Is it sufficient to just do the hw's tha tthey assign???

lookwhois

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
Re: Testmasters Lesson One HW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 03:20:54 AM »
I am not worried, its just the first lesson. As you will see, the homework will get much heavier....

Pending: 17
Accepted: 2 (Michigan and Notre Dame)
Denied: 0
Waitlisted:0
Closed all apps, Attending MICHIGAN

LSATGuru

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 10:09:54 AM »
Hold your horses; the point of the first lesson was just to introduce people to the question types after taking the diagnostic on Monday.  You have to keep in mind that the course is written with the presupposition that the class has never seen any LSAT-related material before Diagnostic 1. 

If you look at Lesson 2 (which should be tonight) it has quite a few question type 1's and then Lesson 3 has a ton of of question type 1M's (as the lesson book is quite thick). 

I made photocopies of the "Question Type Drill" and did that 3 or 4 times.  I think it's incredibly important to the class that you have those question types mastered.  It's also very important that you completely master the Conditionals (IF ---> THEN) because they show up in the logic games section HARDCORE.  Since this section is all about timing, you need to be able to write out conditionals, their contrapositive, and link them without rumination.

Just do Lesson 1 drills over and over (make photocopies like I did) and voice any concerns you may have to your instructor in class (instead of emailing).  We still have over 2 months to go--hang in there.
Ok guys. I recently finished the HW for lesson one. And I am a bit disspointed. There where hardly any problems on on the LR. Only 10!!! I believe that powerscore people get a lot more practice problems with explanations on the homeworks. I emailed the instructor and he said that its fine and I shouldnt try to go ahead, and tha tI should just realx that there will be a lot more work. Is it sufficient to just do the hw's tha tthey assign???

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 01:37:36 PM »
I thought the HW1 was pretty damn easy, especially since I do not have any problems with sequencing.  What I did was go through the lesson a few times and made sure I understood everything in it.  Our instructor also suggested we outline the lesson, so I did that.

maxse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 01:40:25 PM »
thanks guru. Yea I did those drills a numbe rof time on a different peace of paper so that I wouldnt have to write in the book. I thikn I have them down cold. Just seemed like Iw as wasting a whole weekend though because I had nothing to study. And being that I have to improve 20 points kinda made me feel uneasy, I dunno.

In my TM class we didnt get to the sequencing fames at all! Some stupid girl was asking non-sotp questions about every single WRONG LR answer choice, and that too kup soo miuch time. Today we'll have t ofinish lesson one's games, and do lesson two. I hope that we will cover everything though with sufficient detail.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 01:58:43 PM »
thanks guru. Yea I did those drills a numbe rof time on a different peace of paper so that I wouldnt have to write in the book. I thikn I have them down cold. Just seemed like Iw as wasting a whole weekend though because I had nothing to study. And being that I have to improve 20 points kinda made me feel uneasy, I dunno.

In my TM class we didnt get to the sequencing fames at all! Some stupid girl was asking non-sotp questions about every single WRONG LR answer choice, and that too kup soo miuch time. Today we'll have t ofinish lesson one's games, and do lesson two. I hope that we will cover everything though with sufficient detail.

Glad I didn't have someone like that in my class.  Not many questions at all, but I was surprised that a lot of people were missing some of the easier questions.

LSATGuru

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 02:31:54 PM »
Yeah, luckily most of the people from my class come from the adjacent large university and are used to being scoffed at for asking a lot of questions.  Plus, I think most of the people in my class "get it" (other than this Asian girl who I'm not sure totally understands engilsh [good luck in law school]).