Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wanted opinions on a couple of questions I had  (Read 172 times)

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wanted opinions on a couple of questions I had
« on: January 04, 2006, 02:02:16 AM »
Background: A certain law school wants an employee verification form (basically a letter made by whoever, they don't care, signed by my previous employer) that I worked 30+hrs./week.

here are my questions:

#1. I realized that one employer did not put the company name, should I insert it there myself, send a seperate page stating the company, or what would you suggest?

#2. I want all the schools to know I worked full-time, I even have an addendum regarding it, so I was wondering if I should send it to the other schools as well (the employee verification forms).

I figured at first that it couldn't hurt, but I have 4 employers through college, and I'm worried that they may just be overwhelmed with too much extra crap that they didn't ask for.

Any opinions would be appreciated  :)

Slow Blues

Re: Wanted opinions on a couple of questions I had
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 09:16:45 AM »
Seems kind of outrageous for a school to ask for a letter stating you worked 30+ hours. But that's beside the point.

1. Insert the name yourself.

2. Don't bother sending the employee verification form to other schools unless specifically requested. Other schools will take you at your word about what you did outside of school.

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 09:22:09 AM »
I agree that this request is over the top.  I wouldn't send it to other schools and I also wouldn't insert anything into the letter that did not come from the originator.
Just my opinion.

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 09:38:50 AM »
Just send a cover letter: here's the requested blah blah per blah blah, it is from blah blah, you may contact blah blah for more information.  If you have any questions or need additional information please contact me at blah blah.