Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Law School says that application volume is up 6% from last year  (Read 532 times)

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
Disclaimer:  I don't know if this has already been discussed or is even worthy of discussing...

I just got a fee waiver/invitation to apply from Brooklyn.  The interesting part is that it says that their application volume is up over 6% since this time last year  :o  is this the convenience of LSAC.org e-apps rearing its ugly head?

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Law School says that application volume is up 6% from last year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »
Disclaimer:  I don't know if this has already been discussed or is even worthy of discussing...

I just got a fee waiver/invitation to apply from Brooklyn.  The interesting part is that it says that their application volume is up over 6% since this time last year  :o  is this the convenience of LSAC.org e-apps rearing its ugly head?

I don't know how much propaganda they sent out last year, but this year they have been one of the top offenders (along with OCU, W&L, etc.).  Surely this leads to more people applying. 

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 04:32:35 PM »

I don't know how much propaganda they sent out last year, but this year they have been one of the top offenders (along with OCU, W&L, etc.).  Surely this leads to more people applying. 

Yeah, for some reason, when I read that letter, I thought ... "Are you lying?" I mean, are your apps really up 6%? I'm not sure why I got that vibe, I just got the feeling they were kind of making it up.

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »

Yeah, for some reason, when I read that letter, I thought ... "Are you lying?" I mean, are your apps really up 6%? I'm not sure why I got that vibe, I just got the feeling they were kind of making it up.

Ditto. And why are they wasting their time looking at stuff like that?
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »
Interesting that is up by 6% when it has one of the most difficult application out there.

Slow Blues

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 12:58:56 PM »

I'd buy that. That's how you get your name out there, I guess. I wish LSAC's CRS could have just let me choose the schools that I would've been interested in. I mean, I got tons of mail from schools that in no way satisfied my requirements I had and no mail from schools that did. I mean, how could I get no mail from USC, BU or GW, but then get mail from Regent, Appalachian, Whittier and Quinnipiac? Could save a lot of schools a lot of money. And a few trees too.

barrygoodlife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 01:50:43 AM »
most school track this kind of basic data.
when i did admissions undergrad years ago we did this weekly--to determine how our year was going. we also tracked where apps came from (which hs) and what the SATs were..to determine who was applying and from where.
call any law school admissions office and talk to an official...not a secretary--chances are they'll know how far up or down they are and the relative stats this year to last.