Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern Waitlist - letter anyone?  (Read 1647 times)

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Southwestern Waitlist - letter anyone?
« on: July 18, 2004, 09:37:36 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone received a letter from Southwestern this week.  If I'm not mistaken there was a deposit due this past week and they were going to send out a letter to ask those who are currently on the waitlist whether they were still interested in remaining on the list.  Anyone receive this letter?

carolinahopeful

• View Profile
Re: Southwestern Waitlist - letter anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 09:59:54 PM »
I didn't receive a letter.  At least not yet, maybe one is on the way.  Where did you hear that they were sending a letter to those still on the waitlist?  I sent a letter, but haven't received any response.  Another week of checking the caller ID begins. :-\

Shoes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 12:27:31 AM »
I called again last week and I was told they were going to send out letters to see which waitlisters were still interested.  I would imagine now that the deposit is due for the last group who were accepted there might be some more openings.  Is that wishful thinking?? 

carolinahopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 01:20:02 AM »
I would like to think that there are more openings. If there was a deposit due last week maybe that means another round of phone calls.  Maybe this is the week our phones ring Shoes.  Good luck.

twinkle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 04:47:26 PM »
i applied in may and got my second waitlist notification last saturday.

carolinahopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 05:12:34 PM »
I got the letter today.  It was dated July 13, so it took the normal 5 to 6 days to get to NC. Have you received on Shoes?

carolinahopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 05:20:23 PM »
Does anyone think that the chances of getting accepted faster would increase if I switched my preference from Day to Evening?  I'd prefer to be a day student, but at this point I'll take whatever I can get.

Shoes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 07:03:26 PM »
I just got home from work and sure enough it was in my mailbox.  I'm about to fill it out and mail it in tomorrow. 

Carolina, I'm not sure if selecting Evening will help with the acceptance.  It does say to rank them in order of preference so if you're not completely against I would put it down as a possible option - I know I am.  I think you and I are in the same boat.  It's so hard to plan such a huge move with such short notice (at least I'm hoping the move will happen.)  ;)  Do you have a 2nd choice school?

Twinkle, from where are you moving?

carolinahopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 08:09:57 PM »
I wrote another letter to send along with my reply form stating that I was ranking them, but in all reality I would take whatever they gave me.  I don't have a second choice school, so Southwestern is my only hope.  Right now I'm feeling good about my chances getting in, so we'll see what happens. 

As far as the moving thing goes, I'll just deal with it the best I can.  I have been looking at apartments online just to get a feel for what's out there.  If I hear anything back within the next week or so, then I think the moving process will be smooth.

Here's hoping the best for both of us.

Shoes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 01:59:24 AM »
I only hope we would hear something within the week.  Glad you have a good feeling about it - hope it means good things.  :)

My problem is trying to get the moving process started.  My second choice school is in New Orleans so the move is completely different.  I wish I could put a deposit down with movers and also for a place to live.  Plus, it's getting harder to tell people I have no idea where I'm moving to in 3 weeks.  The wait is so agonizing......