Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: <redacted>  (Read 2145 times)

cyberrev

<redacted>
« on: January 02, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »
<redacted>

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: test center morons
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 04:46:54 PM »
Or you coulda just worn a watch, speaking of test center morons...

JSIA

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »
Or you coulda just worn a watch, speaking of test center morons...

JSIA

or you could actually read my post as to why i dont have one and wasnt going to buy one

or you could just continue to post like a troll jackass

Or you could have gone to Walgreens and coughed up $4.99 for cheap Dora the Explorer watch for one of the most important tests of your life.

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 04:47:55 PM »
Sorry man, have to agree with the "get your own fricken time piece" posters. Never rely on the competency of others.
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

"V"

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 05:21:22 AM »
Well, it's hard for me to pick a side. On the poster's side, I agree that there should have been an accurate timepiece. I also think it would be nearly insane for someone to assume there wouldn't be a clock of some sort at such a standardized and highly weighted test. To even fathom the ineptness that would require could destroy most supercomputers.

However.

I studied with three books for the LSAT. And ALL THREE said to bring a timepiece. Each and every one said 'rely on yourself for EVERYTHING', 'assume nothing', and 'everything that can go wrong, will'. So I went out, and found a watch with a silent stopwatch function (searched for weeks, looking at expensive watches, but ALL of them have sound with the stopwatch - until I stumbled on a 4 dollar Walmart watch that was too cheap to have sound... PERFECT!!!). I brought extra everything, and yes, I had to tell the proctor at one point they were doing something wrong (involving tearing off the bottom of the LSAT ticket).

So, I guess I have this opinion. If nothing he read before the test warned him, then I don't think it's his fault. *I* certainly would have assumed they would have a dang CLOCK there. However, if he was warned and ignored it...... that's a different matter...

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 05:32:11 AM »
Look, the point is simply that the OP wanted to female dog about an unfortunate situation.

Gail's bitchy post was uncalled for.  Let the guy vent - just shut the @#!* up. 

Both sides were culpable, but why does that matter?  The dude is pissed and disappointed, and all you've done is exacerbate it.  Good work, asshat.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

SCgrad

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 07:04:39 AM »
Look, the point is simply that the OP wanted to female dog about an unfortunate situation.

Both sides were culpable, but why does that matter?  The dude is pissed and disappointed, and all you've done is exacerbate it.  Good work, asshat.

seconded

not bringing a watch doesn't make you a moron.  The proctors/administrators weren't really morons either, more like lazy asses for not either putting a clock in the room or moving the test to one of the many empty rooms probably available. 

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 09:35:05 AM »

Sorry but....

I wasn't being bitchy, just honest.

And come on.

Proctors have done WAY WORSE things than not had a clock on the wall.

I think forgetting your own timepiece is right up there with forgetting pencils.

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 11:20:37 AM »
No joke.

One of the proctors on my retake had a friend bring a big greasy bag of fast food into the room which she proceeded to munch on very loudly.

Thank God it was during the writing sample and not say, the 5th section with RC.