Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GROUND ZERO  (Read 701 times)

CJ

• View Profile
GROUND ZERO
« on: January 02, 2006, 06:59:28 PM »
Do all law students need an undergrad? or is there a rare exception I don't know of that will accept College grads?

I hear that one year of college consitutes as a semester in university - is that true?
How old do you have to be to be considered a mature student?

I want to pursue law but am trying to find short cuts (otherwise I'll be in my thirties before I get anywhere).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

CJ

yancey

• View Profile
Re: GROUND ZERO
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 12:52:21 PM »
Dont' understand the question.  In the US, "undergrad" means 4 years of college or university, i.e. a Bachelor's degree.  The only difference between a college and a university is that a college offers a 4 year degree only, but a university also offers "graduate" degrees, taken after the 4 year degree, such as a Masters, a PhD, or a professional degree such as law or medicine.

So you can go to "college" at either a college or a university.  All law schools that I know of require as a prerequisite a 4 year Bachelor's ("undergraduate") degree.  No school requires an advanced degree beyond that.  Law School IS the advanced degree.  Does this help?

metrojay

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GROUND ZERO
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:03:24 PM »
It's different in Canada. Here a college degree =/= an undergrad degree.
This has been discussed at more length at www.lawstudents.ca , you might want to go search there.