Law School Discussion

IRAQ: STEADY! HOLDFAST! NOBLE!

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: IRAQ: STEADY! HOLDFAST! NOBLE!
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2006, 10:14:11 AM »
If you tickle me, will I not laugh?

go take a bath...you stink.

you stink of death.  how proud you must be!

"death be not proud..."

my naive padwan.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 10:16:28 AM »
certainly julie not proud of you.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 10:17:07 AM »
fern...ya got nothing...

someone had to chap ya...

war in iraq WILL be seen as NOBLE and "w" will get the credit in the history books...

sorry....not really

px.o.

history his only hope, because he sure getting nowhere in present.

face it...ya got nothin'.  
time to fold...like rest of "ad-libs." nobody listens to ya anymore.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 10:22:49 AM »

presupposition of value of your approval is unwarranted and laughable.

satiety...with course of action counts.
ad-libs "quips" irrelevant.

redemption

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2006, 11:33:57 AM »

So, if you know ahead of time that by targeting one person (your "target") in a neighborhood with a bunker-busting bomb that will kill, let's say, 150 civiliants, and if you decide to go ahead and do it anyway - that is not intentional killing of those civilians? Interesting. Probably what Zarqawi tells himself when he blows up police-recruiting stations and kills whoever is passing by.

Hard to provide evidence for a counterfactual.

What am i looking for? I am looking for reasonably intelligent people to recognize that people are people and that they are worth just as much whether they are American, Rwandan, Iraqi or Japanese. There is no hope of any proress in the world if people like you - who are smart, who have the option to vote, who will be reasonalby influential in your community - make philosophically and practically empty distinctions between one form of terrorism and another. It is not good to kill civilians; it should not be done as casually as it is by anyone for any reason; and it should not be excused quite as casually, nor endorsed quite as enthusiastically as it is by us.

I am making a plea for a return to common sense and decency; for an end to HUAH.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 12:15:30 PM »
fern...ya got nothing...

someone had to chap ya...

war in iraq WILL be seen as NOBLE and "w" will get the credit in the history books...

sorry....not really

px.o.

history his only hope, because he sure getting nowhere in present.

face it...ya got nothin'. 
time to fold...like rest of "ad-libs." nobody listens to ya anymore.

you one who trying desperately to defend lack of results.  that why you have to say it'll pay off in few decades.

ha!

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »

presupposition of value of your approval is unwarranted and laughable.

satiety...with course of action counts.
ad-libs "quips" irrelevant.

yo momma not proud of you either.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2006, 12:19:55 PM »
damn straight julie showing "pacifist" streak, and anyone who not should admit to self that they barbarian, plain and simple. or are you afraid to be thought girlie-man? my my, what some little boys will do to impress their daddies.

and what your point about former soviet union, that republicans better off together? you got some sort of consolidation fetish? remember roman republic?

as for american situation had lincoln not fought civil war, who cares if other states secede? where it say in constitution that states not able to opt out? ever read preamble to declaration of independence?

as to american secession, it did create problems; we just lucky in long run. hell, we without national constitution of any kind for first few years, and it replaced rather quickly--and only then because issue of slavery was ignored (hence, leading, in large part, to civil war decades later). war renewed in 1812, which we lost (and, in process, damn near also lost independence).

when these things start, you not know how it develop. lincoln thought civil war be short and sweet, but it neither. (now who else made that mistake lately? hmmmmmm.)

if we'd stayed part of england, slavery might've ended here decades before it did.

by way, julie must correct self: we revolted against england, not g.b. (which not yet formed under act of union)

jules- taunting is not necessary. i'm not coming at you in a mocking tone, and i expect our interactions to remain civil. as for pacifism, i respect it if it means willing to deal with the consequences, but not if it represents a pollyannaish belief that we can all just get along.

and quite frankly i DO have a consolidation fetish. i think that it's a GOOD thing when interaction can be conducted under the rule of law and not the brute power politics of interstate relations.

if you don't see the value of consolidation, then my argument about the necessity of the Civil War to preserve the union is pretty much irrelevant.

we can move on to arguing about consolidation.

lighten up, pilgrim.

even if you believe big = better, real issue is whether big when members not compatible = better than being apart because not compatible.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2006, 12:23:50 PM »

So, if you know ahead of time that by targeting one person (your "target") in a neighborhood with a bunker-busting bomb that will kill, let's say, 150 civiliants, and if you decide to go ahead and do it anyway - that is not intentional killing of those civilians? Interesting. Probably what Zarqawi tells himself when he blows up police-recruiting stations and kills whoever is passing by.

Hard to provide evidence for a counterfactual.

What am i looking for? I am looking for reasonably intelligent people to recognize that people are people and that they are worth just as much whether they are American, Rwandan, Iraqi or Japanese. There is no hope of any proress in the world if people like you - who are smart, who have the option to vote, who will be reasonalby influential in your community - make philosophically and practically empty distinctions between one form of terrorism and another. It is not good to kill civilians; it should not be done as casually as it is by anyone for any reason; and it should not be excused quite as casually, nor endorsed quite as enthusiastically as it is by us.

I am making a plea for a return to common sense and decency; for an end to HUAH.

julie with you, baby.

pass36

• But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2006, 02:59:44 PM »
fern...ya got nothing...

px.o.

Bluewarrior, you must be talking about the IRANIAN history books here.  Clearly they are bigger winners so far than Americans, wouldn't you agree?