Law School Discussion

IRAQ: STEADY! HOLDFAST! NOBLE!

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: IRAQ: STEADY! HOLDFAST! NOBLE!
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »
your only connection to nobility that you act like "noble": endorsing sending peasants off to die to promote your sophomoric theories of world.

woah there julie, you're not calling the men and women of the armed forces "peasants" are you? that might be the type of thing that can be construed as anti-troops and not merely anti-war.

i ask because you generally haven't given this impression and so i'm trying to remove ambiguities.

of course, bw might have used the term first. i don't know, i don't actually wade through his stuff anymore.

get real.  deal with metaphor in context of discussion.

redemption

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »
kurds = turds

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2006, 07:28:27 PM »
your only connection to nobility that you act like "noble":  endorsing sending peasants off to die to promote your sophomoric theories of world.

woah there julie, you're not calling the men and women of the armed forces "peasants" are you?  that might be the type of thing that can be construed as anti-troops and not merely anti-war.  

i ask because you generally haven't given this impression and so i'm trying to remove ambiguities.

of course, bw might have used the term first.  i don't know, i don't actually wade through his stuff anymore.

please...that is pretty much all mr. fern's terminology...
his remark is not even slightly funny.

he is coming unglued...
the childish name calling has exposed his ignorance.

now we see his true feelings...

the us troops are "peasants"?

he really has no backbone because calling the troops "peasants" is disrespectful and very much the act of a coward...and is outrightly expressing an
"anti-troop" mentality.

perhaps wading is the first step to swimming, my friend. ;)

--julie fern is BAD and UN-AMERICAN.

your "concern" for troops really impressive.  after all, you one who determined to send them to their death while you enjoy comfort of castle.  that treating people like peasants.

you and those like you despicable.  of course, you insist on seeing self as patriotic.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2006, 07:30:52 PM »
Why peasant = insult? I am the descendant of proud peasant stock. Have you hung out with a lot of rich folks? In many ways, peasant = compliment! No drunken coke binges, wrecked BMWs, endless whining about everything, etc, etc.

At the same time, there is no doubt that there is an EXTREMELY high correlation between socio-economic status and service in the armed forces. Rich folks kids ain't over there dying and anyone who thinks they are is just deluded.

that true.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2006, 07:32:30 PM »
Why peasant = insult?  I am the descendant of proud peasant stock.  Have you hung out with a lot of rich folks?  In many ways, peasant = compliment!  No drunken coke binges, wrecked BMWs, endless whining about everything, etc, etc.

At the same time, there is no doubt that there is an EXTREMELY high correlation between socio-economic status and service in the armed forces.  Rich folks kids ain't over there dying and anyone who thinks they are is just deluded. 

don't you think it is the careless disregard for the great and difficult job the troops perform.

and with a poor attempt at humor...it erodes the respect these men and women deserve...

why use any other name to describe the us troops?  it is denigrating.

do you understand my problem with the "naive" name calling?

if one is talking about peasant bread...fine.

but writing: (...sending "peasants" off to die...) is meant to be "belittling"...
and a hint at an "anti-troop" mentality.

only one julie belittling you and your ilk.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »
your only connection to nobility that you act like "noble": endorsing sending peasants off to die to promote your sophomoric theories of world.

woah there julie, you're not calling the men and women of the armed forces "peasants" are you? that might be the type of thing that can be construed as anti-troops and not merely anti-war.

of course, bw might have used the term first. i don't know, i don't actually wade through his stuff anymore.

get real.  deal with metaphor in context of discussion.

making light of the difficult work the troops maintain...

and referring to "the troops" as "peasants" is a significant indicator of your lack of sensitivity...

also...because you are frustrated that you couldn't make it count at the ballot box...you stoop to name-calling.  

you cannot grasp the fact that an oppressed people finally have risen from a cruel dictatorship...so you point to the negative...rather than addressing the strides iraqis and our troops are making.

you are indeed a sad example of an american...

you cannot apologize for your careless inane "metaphors" which are way out of context...and childish.

mr. julie fern...

your "anti-troop" mentality is exposed.
you need to respect yourself and check yourself.

you are indeed a very UN-AMERICAN!

and you need a time out...

so...

get to steppin!