Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what was the experimental section for dec 2003?  (Read 4741 times)

bm5

Hey Some Dude
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2003, 02:12:43 PM »
I only had one logic game section and it came second or third. If I recall correctly my sequence was Reasoning, Games, Reasoning, Reasoning and Reading. I agree with the sections you mentioned for Reading Comp. but I can't remember the fourth either. As for logic games, there was one game dealing with bathces of cookies that I found decently challenging and I know for sure there was a loose sequencing game although I can't remember the details. I do remember that I thought the game section was pretty simple. I had three logical reasoning sections and I am pretty sure that the experimental section was the first. The section just seemed to be very easy, although I could be 100% incorrect.
Either way best of luck.

gray000

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re:what was the experimental section for dec 2003?
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2003, 11:11:51 PM »
According to the Kaplan web site, section 3 was the experimental.  I had analytical reasoning 1st and 3d.  The first section had the infamous cookie question on it.  Also the sequencing with textiles and whatever in loading bays.  I found this section to be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT and could only finish half of the questions.  I used all the time and filled in the guesses after I finished section 4.  I had really hoped/thought it would be the experimental section because it was so..weird.  Like the prevalence of the 'if a is x and b is y, then the location of how many of the other elements are fixed?" type questions.  Again - I had to guess on half, folks.  I took the lsat before in 97 and got a 170 and my highest preptest was 178.  It just seems weird, is all.  Did y'all think it was effin hard too?  I ws completely blindsided.  Maybe having self-studied was a weakness, because the fairly novel games weren't on the previous ones.
The other,. apparently experimental section was much more in line with the previous ones and I finished it with 5 to spare.  
Anyway, what do you think the conversion will be for this?  Ibet it will be one of those years where you can miss 5 and still get a 180.  I f-ing hope so.

DAni - did you have two cookie premised games?

Gray

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 11:52:27 PM »
btw, I took mine in China (huge cheating prob here) and like someone before me, my cookie section did not have repairmen or restaurants.  Again, that was my first section and I have no idea what was on section 3 (my 2d games).  

vsega72

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2003, 01:50:27 PM »
My order was Args, Args, Reading Comp, .. 15 minute break... Games, Args.

I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to do 3 Args sections. Like I said earlier I think the second Args was experimental for me becasue there were some question types I have never seen.