Law School Discussion

Looking for Suggestions

Looking for Suggestions
« on: December 30, 2005, 04:02:32 PM »
I'm looking for advice on where to apply/where I can get in/where would be the best fit. I have a 3.9 GPA in Political Science/Anthropology and overall and 161 LSAT score. I'm focusing on schools in urban settings--particularly Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, NY, and D.C. I have an interest in international law so I know D.C. or NY would be the smartest, but I know Colombia and NYU are out of the question. Are there any other schools in NYC that are worth the extra living expenses? Brooklyn? Also, does anyone know anything about Americans going to Canadian law schools, because if I could work it out I would be in Vancouver or Toronto without another thought.

I have a lot of ideas, but could really use some suggestions.  I currently live on the east coast, and although I love it, I think I  would rather to be in the Pacific NW.   I know I'm putting a lot of weight on geography and urban(ness), but location comes first for me. 

Re: Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:10:41 PM »
Try Brooklyn, Cardozo, and St. John's. Though I have heard Brooklyn and St. John's are not in great areas. You might get some $$$ from them though.

And you'd definitely get in at NYLS but I think you could do better than that.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 04:18:55 PM »
I'm looking for advice on where to apply/where I can get in/where would be the best fit. I have a 3.9 GPA in Political Science/Anthropology and overall and 161 LSAT score. I'm focusing on schools in urban settings--particularly Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, NY, and D.C. I have an interest in international law so I know D.C. or NY would be the smartest, but I know Colombia and NYU are out of the question. Are there any other schools in NYC that are worth the extra living expenses? Brooklyn? Also, does anyone know anything about Americans going to Canadian law schools, because if I could work it out I would be in Vancouver or Toronto without another thought.

I have a lot of ideas, but could really use some suggestions.  I currently live on the east coast, and although I love it, I think I  would rather to be in the Pacific NW.   I know I'm putting a lot of weight on geography and urban(ness), but location comes first for me. 

I live in Seattle so let me recommend:

Seattle University,  you'd have a great shot at getting in there.

http://www.law.seattleu.edu/admission/facts?mode=standard

University of Washington, you're chances are lower but it might be worth a shot.

funny1x2

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 04:36:23 PM »
you should be able to get into american and catholic full time. applying to george washington and georgetown part time might be worthwhile too

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 04:47:15 PM »
If I apply part-time, can I transfer to the full time program after 1Y?