Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: West Coast Splitter....where to?  (Read 315 times)

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
West Coast Splitter....where to?
« on: December 30, 2005, 05:00:52 PM »
I'm a true splitter...2.88/170.  I have a few excuses for the GPA (Computer Engineering major at UCLA, married with a daughter), but it's still a 2.88 in the end.  I'm looking to get into Intellectual Property Law (to become a patent attorney).  I'm from Southern California and would like to stay in the area...preferably Southern California or Utah.  However, I'd consider anywhere if I got into a T14.  My number one choice is probably BYU, where I have about a 50/50 shot.  I'll also definitely be applying to USD (where I should be gauranteed in) and Santa Clara (where I should get in, and they have a good IP program).

Looking for suggestions for other schools...looking for top schools that place a heavy emphasis on LSAT, or lower schools on the west coast with good IP programs.

Thanks in advance.

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: West Coast Splitter....where to?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 06:25:47 PM »
Yeah...I'm not really gonna apply at many T14s...as of right now I'd say Northwestern is the only one I'll definitely apply to.  And no, I haven't applied to any schools yet.

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 07:49:20 PM »
Heh...I'm married, if that's what you're referring to, but yes San Diego is a dang nice place to live.  Loyola is definitely a consideration...I hadn't thought about it much before, but will definitely look into it.  Not so sure I want to spend another three years of my life in LA traffic tho ???  I don't think I wanna go to UCLA for another three years (already been here five)...although I guess I'd consider it or USC...I just don't think I'd get into either, considering my GPA...would UCLA give me any type of priority since I went here for undergrad?

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 04:49:20 PM »
Anybody else? (bump)