Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Application Question  (Read 918 times)

OnDayAtaTime

Application Question
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:17:23 PM »
I noticed on some law school applications that I have seen from 2004 that schools ask what other schools you are applying to. Can they do this?(I know that I am at their mercy ::)). I am applying to 23 schools, do I have to list them all? I don't want to lie at all...I just don't want the law schools to count my applying to other schools against me.

Any ideas?

jd4me

• gpa 3.49/lsat Oct
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Application Question
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 12:59:21 AM »
I may be wrong, but I think listing the other schools you are applying to is optional - just as stating your ethnicity is optional, also.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 12:15:09 PM »
I think schools look at where else you're applying to condisder whether or not they'd be wasting an admit on you.  Like, if you're obviously tier 1 material, and you apply to 20 schools, most of which are tier one or two, and a tier 4 school is your saftey/no brainer admit, then if an adcom from that tier 4 school looks at your app, and knows for a fact that you'll get into at least 5 or 6 of your other schools, they may not "waste" an admit on you.  I've heard of some schools doing this.

Also, if there's some kind of discrepency with your application (ie you plagerized your PS or something) and a school discovers this, they will alert all other schools you applied to and in essence blacklist you for your poor judgment.

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »
So, it is or isn't a good idea to list the schools on the app?

Anyone have experience from last year?

Thanks ;D