Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone good at Resumes? Especially for law school.  (Read 194 times)

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone good at Resumes? Especially for law school.
« on: December 29, 2005, 06:28:07 PM »
So I haven't made a resume in years, and I know the ones for law school are a bit different because you don't want to include useless info, but I don't really know how to cut mine down, or even make it look a little better, if anyone can look mine over and give me any advice I would really appreciate it  :)

theredbaron

• View Profile
Re: Anyone good at Resumes? Especially for law school.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 08:12:49 PM »
I'm no expert on resumes, but I would recommend checking out Anna Ivey's "The Ivey Guide to Law School Admissions."  While I didn't find the samples in the back of the book to be very helpful, the chapter within the book itself is extremely thorough -- from big picture ideas about making sure it's balanced to minutiae like that you should call attention to classes you took that were outside of your comfort zone and concrete ways you can blend quality and quantity in your descriptions of employment/leadership positions. 

The $14 was definitely worth it; my copy is heavily dog-eared.  But a trip to Borders/Barnes and Noble would be free and just as beneficial!   ;)

Hope this helps.  Best wishes!

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone good at Resumes? Especially for law school.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 08:37:34 PM »
Maybe I'll go check that out, I worked a lot so my EC's are kind of crappy.