Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how's my list looking?  (Read 373 times)

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
how's my list looking?
« on: December 29, 2005, 04:09:08 PM »
3.39, 161, interesting WE, grad degree in social work

I know I have quite a few reaches, just hope I have enough safeties...I'm trying to maximize my options without applying to schools I really have no interest in attending. I'd like to stay in the Northeast, with DC being a possibility. Have family out in Seattle so might be willing to move there.

American
Brooklyn
Cardozo PT
U of Connecticut (legacy at law school - does this help at all??)
Fordham PT
GW PT
New York Law School
Northeastern
Seattle Univ.
Suffolk
St. John's

Advice GREATLY appreciated  :)

Slow Blues

Re: how's my list looking?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 06:27:32 PM »
How about Rutgers Newark?

I think you can leave off New York Law School.

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 08:13:15 PM »
I'll look into Rutgers - Newark, thanks for the tip. I'm living in NYC now and have mixed feelings about NJ for some reason. Re NYLS -- I just want at least one safety here in the city.

I looked into GULC PT - unfortunately, their class schedule wouldn't work for me. Long shot anyway. But thanks for the suggestion!!

Anyone else??  ???

Saphyrva

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 01:14:01 AM »
Hi there!  You are almost the same as me in terms of application materials - I have a 3.25, 159, MSW.  I applied to a lot of the same schools.  So, looks like a good list to me.  And I agree with the above poster - don't go to NYLS - the price isn't worth it unless they give you a huge scholarship.  Maybe try SUNY Buffalo too - it's a good safety and has low tuition if you're a NYS resident.  Good luck!!