Law School Discussion

hoping for 170 ---> scored in 150s, anyone else?

spud1987

Re: hoping for 170 ---> scored in 150s, anyone else?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »
According to LSN NW and Cornell do and Georgetown does if the increase is 5 points or higher.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 11:19:53 AM »
I'm going to chime in on this one.

I got similarly crushed on the December exam.  My last five practice scores were a 168,169, 171,171,172 and I dropped a nice 156 on the real bad boy.  Am I dissappointed, yes extremely.   But I realize my score was not the result of not knowing the material, but rather of extreme anxiety in the days leading up to and during the test ( i slept only 4 hrs of the 72 leading up to the test, and driving home wwas so disoriented it took me over 1 1/2 hrs to complete a 15 minute trip.)   

And I've learned, i think, finally how to fail (okay so it's not failing, but it sure felt like it)  My life goes on, I'll delay applying for a year, and it wasn't this cataclysmic event that I thought it would be.  In any case, I just sucked it up and signed up for the February exam.  So here's so cheers, and good luck to you in the future lsats.

And ohh yeah, for those of you whom will say thats part of the test and I need to do that as a lawyer,,, thanks,,,, I've been in super high pressured jobs for a long time and handle it well,  perhaps even better than most others.

Jontor

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 11:27:14 AM »
According to LSN NW and Cornell do and Georgetown does if the increase is 5 points or higher.

Cornell will look at only your higher score if it is 7 points higher heard it from their admissions office

thescreed

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 02:07:13 PM »
My last five practice scores were a 168,169, 171,171,172 and I dropped a nice 156 on the real bad boy.  Am I dissappointed, yes extremely.   But I realize my score was not the result of not knowing the material, but rather of extreme anxiety in the days leading up to and during the test ( i slept only 4 hrs of the 72 leading up to the test, and driving home wwas so disoriented it took me over 1 1/2 hrs to complete a 15 minute trip.)   

<snip>

And ohh yeah, for those of you whom will say thats part of the test and I need to do that as a lawyer,,, thanks,,,, I've been in super high pressured jobs for a long time and handle it well,  perhaps even better than most others.

Two words:

PUH. LEEZE.