Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about Addendum  (Read 349 times)

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Question about Addendum
« on: December 28, 2005, 01:51:21 PM »
First I was wondering how these work, do I just make an addendum and package it with all my applications?  Or do only some schools take it?

My other question is if you guys think it is worth mentioning this:
I moved out of my parents house during my first year of college, and I was working full-time, and trying to get out and explore the social life since I lived in a very close-minded enviroment.  My grades were pretty terrible for about 2-3 years, and then it went up a bit over the next couple of years.  Do you think it is worth an addendum explaining that working as much as I did and, because of my upbringing, my social life, was the reason my GPA started out so low? 

Secondly, is this a good enough excuse or should I add/change any of that?

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Question about Addendum
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 02:22:54 PM »
you could either fax it or email it. it doesn't matter and it doesn't need to come with your initial app. they will put it at the top of your file.

i like what you have. the way i look at it is addendum's are pretty much ass-kissing, so anything to address a flaw you might have should be a positive for you. just don't over do it.

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 02:33:12 PM »
I think it's a bad idea. Maybe address working full time...maybe.

But definitely dont talk about having a sheltered social life until college. That will just not be good.
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 05:23:23 PM »

But definitely dont talk about having a sheltered social life until college. That will just not be good.

Why do you think talking about having a sheltered life is bad?  I truly felt sheltered and wanted to get out and learn about other people when I got to college, and I really think it helped me learn a lot.