Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hofstra Giving MADD MONEY AWAY  (Read 1723 times)

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hofstra Giving MADD MONEY AWAY
« on: December 27, 2005, 02:22:02 PM »
Has anybody checked out LSN for admitted students of Hofstra this year...

They've admitted like 20 kids or so and each is getting a lot of money...full scholarships, 25k scholarships and so on.

If all of the hofstra scholarship kids actually attended....wouldn't it seriously damage their finances?  and wouldn't their rankings go up considerably with the inflated lsats and gpas?  or would they compensate by taking kids with much lower numbers for them and charging them full tuition.

Robespierre

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hofstra Giving MADD MONEY AWAY
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »
They've been doing this a long time and I'm sure they've figured out that the overwhelming majority of the scholarship offerees will pass up Hof for higher-ranked schools.  Some will actually take the money, but not nearly enough to endanger the school's endowment.

I live not far from Hof and know a lot of people who went there.  My advice is to steer clear.
Penn Law Class of '09

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 03:25:45 PM »
yeah it's right in my backyard...uniondale and all.

i dont have any intention of attending...but everytime a school offers u so much money u kinda question urself. 

i stopped questioning when my cuz me that they have the highest percentage of STDs per student in the country.

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 11:32:20 PM »
I'm considering it. It's close to me, and I like STD infected campuses.

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:36:04 PM »
i love your avatar...from rules of attraction, yes?

i should have applied to hofstra dammit

i need a school to give me $..im still waiting for the scholarship info the dean of cardozo said was coming to me..so far i have received nada
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 11:40:05 PM »

Yep  :)

Hofstra has definitely has its pros for me. It's close to where I live, it's decent in the area of law I want to go into, and they are giving me lots of money....so while I could probably get into higher ranked places, I'm seriously considering it. 

I don't want to leave the NY area, and I don't mind Long Island at all...I'm going to wait and see about the other schools I applied to.

Although I don't know why the hell I applied to Touro.

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 11:57:38 PM »
dude you'll defin get into st. johns and get a full scholarship there also.  our numbers are too similar.

i should have applied to hofstra dammit

i need a school to give me $..im still waiting for the scholarship info the dean of cardozo said was coming to me..so far i have received nada

you still can apply.  your numbers are really nice.

scholarships are defin sexy...make you feel wanted in this otherwise cold and impersonal process.

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 11:59:27 PM »
im not doing too well financially and im sad to say if i get $ from a lesser school i may turn down a better one...
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 12:01:37 AM »
im not doing too well financially and im sad to say if i get $ from a lesser school i may turn down a better one...

You can definitely still apply to Hofstra. You should try, you'll get in, and it's not like you have to go there, it just gives you one more option. Their application is pretty easy too.

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 12:02:46 AM »
i predict that you'll defin get money from brooklyn and seton hall.  seton hall should be giving you a lot, and i think you're gonna get a fat scholarship from brooklyn so maybe hofstra isnt really worth the time.