Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is the coalition falling apart?  (Read 879 times)

jgruber

Is the coalition falling apart?
« on: July 16, 2004, 09:21:50 PM »
Is the coalition falling apart?

Blair's Labour Party Loses Parliament Seat
In Another Blow to Tony Blair, Labour Party Loses Parliamentary Seat to Anti-War Party

The Associated Press

LONDON July 16, 2004 Prime Minister Tony Blair's party suffered an embarrassment Friday, losing one stronghold parliamentary seat and narrowly holding on to another as many voters switched to an anti-war party.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040716_1205.html

Ginatio

Re: Is the coalition falling apart?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 11:10:47 PM »

Lydia

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.5/170/Penn
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kiwigrrl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 11:45:30 PM »
I was studying in England when the war started (March 2003).  Granted, I was living in a college town not far from London, but I did not meet one single person who supported the war or UK involvement in it.  I think the few people (including military service personnel and their families) that supported the war were doing so because they trusted that Iraq was a real, extremely dangerous threat to the Western world, (ie. that there were WMD).  These people feel betrayed.  I think Blair will not be re-elected.

Yay Lib Dems!  They're cool. :)
Vote Kerry Nov. 2! Send Bush to Mars in 2004!

Rx Man

• MSN Messenger - minkyukim@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 09:50:14 AM »
No real comment on politics but I do give a huge credit for our soldiers, sailors, and marines for their service.  Its not easy being being away from family and love ones for a long period of time. 
Hate my job, got to change careers!!

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 10:46:25 AM »
No real comment on politics but I do give a huge credit for our soldiers, sailors, and marines for their service.  Its not easy being being away from family and love ones for a long period of time. 

Hear, hear.  I've posted a lot of criticism of the war.  That criticism is directed at political leaders, not the people who have stepped to do the dirty work.  They deserve our best.