Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT/School?Work  (Read 604 times)

mikey_10

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT/School?Work
« on: December 26, 2005, 04:12:27 PM »
I'm a little curious.
1. What was your score?
2. How many hours a week were you studying in the final 4-6 weeks prior to your test?
3. What was your course-load, or work-load (full- or part-time) during your studying?

SH

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT/School?Work
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 04:41:42 PM »
1. no comment! (not as well as I wanted...but then again what I wanted I hadn't even had time to practice at consistently)
2. 1.5 weeks ahead of it I studied an hour a day, and the days I took practice LSATs was about 5 hours devoted to that thats all.  I usually spent one whole day taking more than one test so I could use my days "off"
3.  5 courses, GRE studying, part time work (am taking it again with 7 courses grad school apps and work again)...dec LSAT so I had 2 exams on the Tuesday after the LSAT and 2 more the same week...crazy
Practice LSAT156 (diag), 163, 162, 165, 167, 168, 172, 164 :(

(all within the last week and a half...which is when I decided to take the LSAT)

dodo97

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 05:30:23 PM »
1. 163
2. Varied greatly. I started studying for it seven weeks before the exam, and it pretty much revolved around my work schedule (I'm a full-time newspaper editor). I would guess I looked at it 3-4 days a week, 2-3 hours each time excluding practice tests. I took about two of them a week, so that's another five hours or so a week.
3. Worked full-time with an unconventional schedule, so my study time was scattered all over the place. Worked 40-50 hours a week.

Crimson11

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 05:36:04 PM »
1.  180
2.  I didn't start studying until the 6th of September for the October LSAT.  I studied 5-7 hours/day, which was mostly practice test after practice test.
3.  3 classes on Tues and Thurs only (total of 9 hours/week).  One was a lab, though, and took up at least 20 extra hours a week of work.
Attending: HARVARD

Optimus Prime: NYU, UVa($$), UPenn, Georgetown, HARVARD!!, Columbia
Megatron: Stanford, Yale
Skyfire: University of Chicago
Still waiting: Duke

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 07:13:48 PM »
1. 171
2. 10 hours a week, tops. In the last two weeks or so, I was taking two practice exams a week, and continuing to work through my Bibles at the rate of maybe an hour a day or so, max. It didn't always happen.
3. I work full-time, 40 hours a week, and have a boyfriend, which usually took out a couple of days each week.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

Fidelio

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 07:29:31 PM »
1. N/A, will take in FEB
2. Minimum 5 hours a day, usually 8 hours a day studying.
3. I currently don't have any other educational obligations.

juniper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 03:44:37 PM »
1. N/A registered for the Feb test
2. Probably 10-15 hours a week
3. Working.  Hours range from 50 on a good week to 60 on a bad week.

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 03:52:10 PM »
1. 154 in June and 160 in Dec

2. I'd say I did it *right* in Dec: 2 hours after work Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri; a few hours on Saturday; full-length timed practice on Sunday. I started with this routine about late August. Also, I'll note that my Monday practice was with a Powerscore tutor. And I gave myself Wednesday night *off* for Dance Class.

Rigid, but not so intense that I burned out....

3. I work 8:15-4:45 and it rarely differs from that.

spud1987

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 07:40:18 PM »
1. Taking in Feb

2. About an hour a day.  I plan on taking about 20 preptests.

3. Last semester I had six classes (18 credits), this semester I have eight classes (22 credits).  The good news is I'll be done with the LSAT before school consumes me. 

Danni

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 09:25:32 PM »
1. 155, first attempt, Dec. lsat, not nearly as high as I wanted.
2. I took a practice test (the lsac most recent test) the night before the exam.
3. I work 40 hours a week out of the home, am in 12 semester hours at school right now, and have 2 kids under the age of 5. The real inhibitor to test prep was the inability to hand the kidlets off to their father, as the poor brute's working 76 hours a week right now due to some cruddy work issues.

I'm on the fence on whether to take the Feb lsat, I'm within the median lsat and gpa of the school I want to attend (University Nebraska Lincoln) but I'm not sure if that's good enough...