Law School Discussion

3.9/167: Chances at Michigan, Berkeley, Penn, Chicago

Re: 3.9/167: Chances at Michigan, Berkeley, Penn, Chicago
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 01:58:52 PM »
With those numbers you owe it to yourself to apply to those schools. Your chances are excellent I think, especially at Berkeley, but I'd definitely add some schools from lower down the rankings just in case.

<breathes deeply> Thanks!  Berkeley is just a tad below Michigan on my list.  Do you think that applying this late in the game will hurt me?  I sent my apps in yesterday 

You definitely didn't do yourself a favor, but schools like Berkeley tend to look at the stronger numbers first. I'd fedex any remaining materials if I were you.
 d

I applied electronically, so most of the schools will only need to receive my LSDAS reports before they evaluate my application.  How long does it typically take for a school to request a report, receive it, and then process it?

They request them pretty quickly (a couple of days I think). After that it takes 2-3 weeks to go complete, depending on the school.

pgcc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 02:13:51 PM »
I don't think it will hurt you at all that you just applied. It is still before January. People on this board are just paranoid.

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 02:16:17 PM »
same numbers- in at berkeley, michigan, and penn- haven't heard from chicago yet. good luck!

Luxor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 03:22:12 PM »
Thanks (and congratulations!) to everyone with similar numbers who has posted--my confidence is rising by the minute (though not to such high levels that I'll feel gipped if I don't get accepted)