Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: major lsat SPLIT  (Read 1760 times)

HLSWannabe

• View Profile
major lsat SPLIT
« on: July 16, 2004, 02:56:27 PM »
All right, I need to get yalls expert advice:

So I took the LSAT twice and got 164 and 178, respectively. I wish I had cancelled that first time (though I thought I had done well)

I have a 3.88 from a top 5 univ. (as deemed by USNews) with some interesting international research experience, solid LORs (hopefully), good ECs. I am thinking of doing a fellowship for a year (hopefully a Fulbright to South America). Since I won't know whether I get the Fulbright until after the law school application process, should I apply right now or wait until next year (with the expectation that I'll have a Fulbright international experience under my belt). Any and all help is appreciated.

Schools I want to apply to: Penn, Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, Duke, UVA, UMichigan, Northwestern, Cornell, Yale

Let me know about these schools' guidelines about multiple LSAT scores.

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
Re: major lsat SPLIT
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 03:22:25 PM »
Your credentials are too good.  You are an overachiever who will never be satisfied in law school.  Save yourself while you can, skip law school and sell vacuum cleaners door to door.

LSATGuru

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 03:24:07 PM »
Northwestern will take the higher of the scores, so you're a lock there; probably with scholarships.

All right, I need to get yalls expert advice:

So I took the LSAT twice and got 164 and 178, respectively. I wish I had cancelled that first time (though I thought I had done well)

I have a 3.88 from a top 5 univ. (as deemed by USNews) with some interesting international research experience, solid LORs (hopefully), good ECs. I am thinking of doing a fellowship for a year (hopefully a Fulbright to South America). Since I won't know whether I get the Fulbright until after the law school application process, should I apply right now or wait until next year (with the expectation that I'll have a Fulbright international experience under my belt). Any and all help is appreciated.

Schools I want to apply to: Penn, Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, Duke, UVA, UMichigan, Northwestern, Cornell, Yale

Let me know about these schools' guidelines about multiple LSAT scores.

thinknpositive

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 03:24:20 PM »
Your credentials are too good.  You are an overachiever who will never be satisfied in law school.  Save yourself while you can, skip law school and sell vacuum cleaners door to door.

A rather lazy overachiever

buster

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 03:31:01 PM »
dig the new avatar, thinknpositive!

katrina at law

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 03:34:30 PM »
According to lawschoolnumbers.com, the following schools will take a higher LSAT score-

Georgetown
Northwestern
Penn
Cornell
UNC
U of Alabama
Pittsburgh
Houston
Santa Clara
Syracuse
Seattle

The following schools will take the higher one under certain conditions-
Columbia (if 8+ points higher)
Fordham (if 10+ points higher)
Utah (if 10+ points higher)

brirobs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 04:12:33 PM »
You should get into all those schools, expect Yale will be difficult.  You're LSAT still averages to a 171, so don't worry.  I wouldn't wait for the Fulbright because it won't make that much of a difference.  Dude, you'll do  fine, as long as you're not a serial kille

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 05:03:38 AM »
I think we have to go back to the LSAT v Intelligence again.  With those numbers, why does she need help looking it up?  Whatever anybody posts he/she will either a) trust what people say, or b) verify what people said.  a) dumb.  b) waste of everybodies time.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

LSATGuru

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 11:06:35 AM »
Most of the time these posters are just seeking the self-satisfaction that comes with posting their LSAT/GPA stats and nothing more.  And even then, you have no idea of knowing if they're spurious.  *shrug*
I think we have to go back to the LSAT v Intelligence again.  With those numbers, why does she need help looking it up?  Whatever anybody posts he/she will either a) trust what people say, or b) verify what people said.  a) dumb.  b) waste of everybodies time.

thinknpositive

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 07:20:01 PM »
dig the new avatar, thinknpositive!

thanks man, it was time for a change.