Law School Discussion

updated transcript?

updated transcript?
« on: December 23, 2005, 03:50:08 PM »
so the one application i haven't sent in yet is yale (i know i know...), and im going to send that hopefully in the next few days.  i just finished the semester here and got straight A's, so my GPA is now a 3.82 (instead of 3.78), and it's my 3rd straight semester of straight A's with steady improvement since freshman year when i was a slacker and got a bunch of B+'s. 

question is, should i send the updated transcript into yale? and perhaps to other schools from whom i've not yet heard (i.e. harvard)? im not even sure if lsac will process it in time, cuz the registrar is closed for the holiday.  do i have to send it through them or can i send it directly to the school?

thanks all, and happy holidays!

thescreed

Re: updated transcript?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 06:42:26 PM »
Definitely send it ASAP. LSAC sends updates to every school where you apply automatically if you get updated transcripts and new LORs. Yale takes the updates on the 1st and 15th of the month, so your updates probably won't go until the January 15. Also, LSAT is closed until Wednesday the 28th.

I know all of this because I just sent new transcripts overnight to make sure they got there before the holiday, in the hopes of getting in front of the rush.

Another semester of 4.0 is definitely worth updating.