Law School Discussion

(FOR PEOPLE WHO DID MUCH LOWER THEN THEY THOUGHT)

(FOR PEOPLE WHO DID MUCH LOWER THEN THEY THOUGHT)
« on: December 23, 2005, 03:24:58 PM »
Just about every school has a specific margin set where they will take your highest score instead of the average. For example Hofstra will take your highest if you do eight points better. So if you did a lot worse then you think you should have, then you are not screwed. If you do enough points higher your schools will probably not care about your old score (minus a small number of exeptions).

Re: (FOR PEOPLE WHO DID MUCH LOWER THEN THEY THOUGHT)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 03:31:25 PM »
what is the average change required among schools to not have your scores averaged?

Re: (FOR PEOPLE WHO DID MUCH LOWER THEN THEY THOUGHT)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:53:45 PM »
That I could not tell you because itís not really something that they advertise. I had to call Hofstra to find out. I think some schools do it on a case by case ordeal, some have a set number, and a small number donít do it at all. A lot of schools are not going to tell you either. I think a lot of them wont tell you for sure either, so you just have to apply and hope for the best. I just want everyone who was expecting 160's and got 140's to know that hope is not lost if they can do better next time. At most schools a 149 and 161 will equal a 160 not a 155. But a small difference like a 149 and a 153 will almost always be averaged. Your best bet is to call your schools and ask.