Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: powerscore materials (what do you get?)  (Read 995 times)

naomh

• View Profile
powerscore materials (what do you get?)
« on: July 16, 2004, 12:12:30 PM »
I am probably going to take the powerscore weekend class in august, but i am also thinking about what materials I want to buy for my own studying.

Is the logic games bible basically just repeating the stuff that is gone over in the weekend class? Is it worth buying separately or is it just rehashing? Similarly the Logical reasoning bible-- I know it's not out yet but do you think it's worth buying?

untouchableface

• View Profile
Re: powerscore materials (what do you get?)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 01:10:14 PM »
I believe the weekend course book has all the same concepts and everything as the logic games bible, but it doesn't go as indepth with practice problems. I think it would probably be to your advantage to buy the lgb and work through it before your course. That way the concepts are more of a review for you. 

As far as the logical reasoning bible goes, I think it's going to be really good. I took the powerscore full length course back in April and the first few chapters were online for us to use.

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 03:45:24 PM »
hey untouchable,

were the techniques and practice problems w/ the powerscore materials pretty similar to those in the logical reasoning bible (or at least what you saw)?

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 04:48:58 PM »
hey untouchable,

were the techniques and practice problems w/ the powerscore materials pretty similar to those in the logical reasoning bible (or at least what you saw)?

The techiques and practice problems in the p/s materials were similar to the LRB in the sense that they are all actual LSAT questions.   The LGB is partially reproduced in the class materials, however, in the course books, there are more examples of each type of game, plus the supplemental LSATs in the take home supplement. The class materials are 5 or 6 workbooks.  Each lesson has a concept or two in LR that it covers, plus one type of logic game.  The LGB deals only with logic games, naturally while in the coursework, the material is interperesed throught the lesson books.

If the Logical Reasoning Bible is 1/10th as good as the LGB, it will be worth every penny and then some.  My only regret is that its not available sooner than August. 

Original diagnostic with PS 143, final score 164

qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

untouchableface

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 05:12:54 PM »
hey untouchable,

Yeah, they were very similar. 

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 05:39:44 PM »
Thanks untouchable.

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 07:27:08 PM »
anyone know when the official release date of this book is??
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05

Gummibearz

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - gummibearz
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 10:48:47 PM »
powerscore website said mid august.  you can pre-order it now from their website.
Attending:  Tulane, Class of 2008!