Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: RE-TAKING  (Read 633 times)

Coreysmommy

• View Profile
RE-TAKING
« on: December 23, 2005, 02:12:11 PM »
If I retake the test in FEB will schools be notified that I am going to be testing again?

mtheta

• View Profile
Re: RE-TAKING
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 03:56:23 PM »
I think it is reported by LSAC.  I am re-taking as well.  Any ideas on how your going to improve your score? I'm at a loss.
GPA - 3.5
LSAT - Dec' 05
Applying - UVIC, UNB, DHAL, UofC, SASK

Coreysmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 04:21:46 PM »
I have no idea. I've never failed a test a day in my life. For this test I took a prep test and brought both LR and LG. I was averaging 155-160 on my pratice test but then I seen my score and got a 139. I'm at lost and don't know what to do at this time. I was thinking about taking off a year but then I don't want to waste time. If I decided to take off a year I was thinking of going to school to become a paralegal and then try again.

omachoomar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 05:30:04 PM »
question for the both of you.  How did you prepare for the december exam?
I personally think feb is too soon to improve, and most schools will make a decision on you before they see your feb score.

I took the dec and got a 150, and got a 157 in december.  Wish i could have done better,

Coreysmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 06:39:55 PM »
I talked to one school and they said that they will hold for the FEB test. I was thinking it's to soon also but I have been studying for this stupid test since June. Maybe I 'm doing something wrong.

mtheta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 03:15:23 AM »
I don't think it's to soon at all. In fact the oposite.  The stuff is still fresh in our heads, and personally I know MANY people who have to take the LSAT more then once.  I somewhat expected to re-take it in Feb anyways and looked at December as a warm-up or practice.  Now we can see were the weaknesses are and focus on them.
Being realistic of course that hardly anyone jumps from 150's to 170's of course, but every point makes a difference, so go for it.
GPA - 3.5
LSAT - Dec' 05
Applying - UVIC, UNB, DHAL, UofC, SASK