Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can you apply if you're missing parts of your application?  (Read 198 times)

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Can you apply if you're missing parts of your application?
« on: December 22, 2005, 08:27:27 PM »
I won't have all my LOR's for a while, but I was wondering if I could start applying and if they'd wait for them to get in, or if you had to wait to be done with everything, it just seems like a lot of people got their stuff done early, and I know I'm late, but I still can't imagine how people got their apps in by September!

Vainglory

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can you apply if you're missing parts of your application?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 08:59:09 PM »
I won't have all my LOR's for a while, but I was wondering if I could start applying and if they'd wait for them to get in, or if you had to wait to be done with everything, it just seems like a lot of people got their stuff done early, and I know I'm late, but I still can't imagine how people got their apps in by September!

Yes, send your stuff in - no point waiting while your LORs are getting in.  They won't review your file until it's complete, but it'll be out of your hands, so do it if you're sure you're done with everything.

Many schools give you automatic status updates, and most others have a place where you can log in to check the status of your application.  It'll tell you when it's completed, etc.
Takin the checkered: Minnesota, UIUC, Florida, FSU, Wake Forest, Duke
In the pits: Notre Dame, Northwestern
Crashed out: UCLA, Michigan, GULC, Chicago, UVA

Green flag: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Vainglory

jashdey

Re: Can you apply if you're missing parts of your application?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 09:38:15 PM »
I plan to send mine in before the LORs get in - the only thing I'm really waiting for before I do is my LSAT score, since some of my schools specifically ask for the score itself on the application. 

Oh, and I'm also waiting for payday.  :D