Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejected at Cornell  (Read 7471 times)

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rejected at Cornell
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 10:44:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Iago. We could still end up at the same school though, where you can be the bitter cynical 2L and i'll be the bright and impressionable young 1L.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2005, 11:13:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Iago. We could still end up at the same school though, where you can be the bitter cynical 2L and i'll be the bright and impressionable young 1L.

i am so sorry that you are already posting on this board- i cant imagine what my life would be like if i had started posting here before this school year.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005, 11:16:10 PM »
The worst part, Shae, is that I was lurking last year, too. One of the problems of continually delaying graduation to be older and wiser...

dunson

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2005, 11:25:40 PM »

i am so sorry that you are already posting on this board- i cant imagine what my life would be like if i had started posting here before this school year.

i have been around for 2 cycles already.  sick   

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2005, 11:27:16 PM »
Amen. But I also feel much more educated coming out of this with distinct ideas about how to work my PS, study for the LSAT, and some better idea of my chances at top universities. I mean, before I came here, it was my "dream" to attend UCLA. Now, I've realized I don't really want to go there at all, and the grad housing sucks, if you even get it. I'll pass.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2005, 11:50:35 PM »
Amen. But I also feel much more educated coming out of this with distinct ideas about how to work my PS, study for the LSAT, and some better idea of my chances at top universities. I mean, before I came here, it was my "dream" to attend UCLA. Now, I've realized I don't really want to go there at all, and the grad housing sucks, if you even get it. I'll pass.

this is very off topic for this thread- so PM me if you have any info (i dont want to take over yet another thread)

I keep hearing very polarized opinions on UCLA.  People either seem to be very anti-UCLA or they think it is the best thing ever.

Is there anything besides the student housing (and maybe that you are expecting to go the HYS route) that turns you off to UCLA?  I ask this b/c I have visted once and have been to LA and surrounding areas A LOT (and, obviously, I love it).  just wondering.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2005, 12:03:57 AM »
Yes, there is. I will PM you some details.

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2005, 12:31:29 AM »
DINGED at cornell!

i got the same rejection letter with the reference to transferring.

truth is i am glad this is my first ding since i was left with a bad taste in my mouth after meeting an asst director of admissions who told me that she wouldn't have let me in anyway. pffft.

what would make her actually say that?

it was at a law school forum - i was making the rounds. i told her my gpa, in the context of asking about how gpa's are considered if they are from long ago, and then told her my lsat score. she kind of threw the comment at me, like a joke, (well, we won't accept you, but you should apply anyway, ha ha ha) and i gave her an equally lighthearted retort (i already applied, and that's ok, because cornell is actually a safety for me, ha ha ha). after i walked away and had a chance to think about our exchange, i was pretty unhappy about it. i felt like saying, look, i appreciate your honesty - if you really have a 3.0 cutoff then fine, but tell me that before you cash my check. which they did cash.

who knows, maybe she got my app and remembered me (i have a pretty unusual story, even for a non-trad), and didn't like something about me. or it isn't about me at all, and they just don't accept any gpa below a 3.0. either way, it is a crapshoot, cornell has a very small class, so overall i really feel ok about it.

it would have been great to get in, but i have 24 more decisions to hear....so lots of roller coaster turns ahead.

pleaseacceptme24

• MSN Messenger - hosamghaith@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2005, 12:37:20 AM »
I just went to Decision at Cornell... which means Rejection no doubt.

"Please be patient with the postal system. Please wait for 10 to 14 days to receive your written decision before contacting the Admissions Office."

Jesus... just tell me the f*****g Decision on the website and I won't need to wait 10-14 days OR contact you !!!

Regular or early?

SkullTatt

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2005, 01:07:16 AM »
Early decision non binding.

And to the rest of you idiots on this thread... UCLA is a great school, anyone who says otherwise is talking out of their ass. I went there for 4 years so I should know.

Of course, if it were ranked #3 instead of #15, everybody would be saying how great it is and nobody would be slamming it, that's the way it works around here as we all know.