Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejected at Cornell  (Read 7683 times)

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rejected at Cornell
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 10:03:24 PM »
DINGED at cornell!

i got the same rejection letter with the reference to transferring.

truth is i am glad this is my first ding since i was left with a bad taste in my mouth after meeting an asst director of admissions who told me that she wouldn't have let me in anyway. pffft.

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 10:12:43 PM »
DINGED at cornell!

i got the same rejection letter with the reference to transferring.

truth is i am glad this is my first ding since i was left with a bad taste in my mouth after meeting an asst director of admissions who told me that she wouldn't have let me in anyway. pffft.

what would make her actually say that?

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 10:15:09 PM »
that is probably true   - i have been in nyc for a while and it is great, but i would love to have some time off from urban life - also how do i keep my lsn always posted?

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=msp1804&sort=status

click the profile button and go to forum settings or something like that.

i think it is called profile signature or something.  that is where you can put things that you want to appear evertime u post

Bodhisattva

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 10:17:43 PM »
Where is everyone getting these notifications?  And where do you go on LSAC.org for your status on apps, like where it'll say complete, etc.?

SkullTatt

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 10:20:27 PM »
Yes, my rejection letter had a mention of transferring as well.. because THEY ALL DO, THEY'RE REJECTION LETTERS.

Translation: "Thank you for wasting $75 on us. We really enjoyed having the extra money. Feel free to do so again next year so we can ding you again! And then, in the next few years, keep in mind our LL.M. program -- we'd love the opportunity to reject you for that as well!"

Bodhisattva

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2005, 10:21:38 PM »
Hey you already got G.W. Seriously you should relax you'll do fine!

SkullTatt

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2005, 10:23:47 PM »
Who said I wasn't relaxed?! IT'S f-ing CHRISTMAS AND HANUKKAH, I'M RELAXED AS *&^% !!

I need another glass of port, brb.

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2005, 10:24:08 PM »
Yes, my rejection letter had a mention of transferring as well.. because THEY ALL DO, THEY'RE REJECTION LETTERS.

Translation: "Thank you for wasting $75 on us. We really enjoyed having the extra money. Feel free to do so again next year so we can ding you again! And then, in the next few years, keep in mind our LL.M. program -- we'd love the opportunity to reject you for that as well!"

word?  i got 5 rejections already and cornell is the only one who mentions transferring.

SkullTatt

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 10:35:08 PM »
word?  i got 5 rejections already and cornell is the only one who mentions transferring.

Right.. and we just ascertained that everybody who got rejected on this thread got the same thing. It's called a form letter. If it pleases you to read into it that Cornell is telling you you have a great shot of being accepted as a transfer student, be my guest.

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 10:42:37 PM »

i thought when you typed "THEY ALL DO, THEY'RE REJECTION LETTERS." you were referring to all rejection letters.

you've been so helpful.