Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejected at Cornell  (Read 7410 times)

SkullTatt

Rejected at Cornell
« on: December 22, 2005, 03:13:39 PM »
I just went to Decision at Cornell... which means Rejection no doubt.

"Please be patient with the postal system. Please wait for 10 to 14 days to receive your written decision before contacting the Admissions Office."

Jesus... just tell me the f*****g Decision on the website and I won't need to wait 10-14 days OR contact you !!!

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rejected at Cornell
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 04:32:13 AM »
Hey, don't dis your chickens...before they're hatched?

Eh. Sorry to hear that if it's true.

SkullTatt

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 11:39:59 AM »
I don't want to live in Ithaca anyway... but I would like to have a degree that says Cornell Law School on it. Maybe they have an extension law school...

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »
I don't get why everyone seems to hate areas like Ithaca. Seems like there'd be no better place to study the law, surrounded by nothing besides your compatriots and the school and some rugged natural beauty. I'd much rather study in Ithaca than LA, where I know I'd just take off the second I got bored.

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 09:47:49 PM »
I'm at decision too, finally.  They said they sent out the letter early in the week, but I have to get my mail forwarded to my home address because of xmas break.  I'm sure it's a ding, but it would be nice to have it.  I wonder if it'll ever get here.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 11:55:46 PM »
I so agree with you about living in ithaca - it is a nice place to live for a few years while you study law - in fact i visited ucla and I was so turned off by the city of LA - who wants to live in such a bad ass overpopulated expensive area for 3 years - i view law school as my last opportunity of solace before working in big law, albeit at times it will be tough, but still it should be peaceful - my top choices are duke, michigan, and cornell specifically because of their locations - and afterwards, i can still hopefully get as top job in a ny or la firm

haha- thats funny because I love LA. Probably b.c i went to undergrad in a small city/town setting.

brinkmtf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »
I, too, went to decision a few days ago.  Got the ding letter today at my permanent address.  163/3.7

SkullTatt

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 04:53:05 PM »
I got my ding letter yesterday (12/23) as well. CORNELL SUCKS !!!

But I have to say, Cornell's ding letter was one of the nicest imaginable. Reading it, I feel like someone really took some time and analyzed how to reject someone without hurting their feelings too much. That is pretty cool. Damn, now I want to go to law school there !!

brinkmtf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 05:49:19 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "I don't want to go to law school at Cornell, it'd just be nice to have a diploma with their name on it."  Exactly how I feel b/c i could think of so many better places to be than Ithaca, NY.  Plus, The Princeton Review Book gave CU an academic rating of 83.  That pales in comparison to Wake Forest's 93.  Maybe t-14 isnt all its cracked up to be.  Or maybe I'm trying to make myself feel better for a disgustingly avg 163 on the LSAT.  Either way, won't lose too much sleep over this reject and neither should anyone else. 

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 07:31:20 PM »
Does cornell send the same rejection letter to everybody?  My second paragraph says consider a transfer application next year.  maybe they like me, but just dont wanna @#!* up their stats.  or maybe they dont...