Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejected at Cornell  (Read 7321 times)

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rejected at Cornell
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2005, 05:18:28 PM »
Don't worry, Iago, I still accept you.

LiLpenny23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 01:22:12 AM »
same here... i got my cornell rejection letter the day after Christmas

:'(

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 09:58:37 AM »
That is a harsh thing, but I thought mail wasn't delivered on the 26th.

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2005, 10:17:07 PM »
I'm sorry for the late response, but I just read this -- and FWLIW it leaves a bitter taste in the back of my mouth.   >:(

thanks for sayin' that, lily. i'm glad it wasn't just me.

and in some anti-xoxo spirit...hallelujah for finding lsd, and being able to talk to a bunch of other people going through the whole apps process at the same time i am. i know no one else who is applying to law school, so this is one of the only places i can get a feel for what other people are thinking and doing.

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2005, 10:23:23 PM »
I'm going to get rejected. I applied just because...well, I went there for undergrad and I just wanted to do it.

Ithaca was a great place to go to college, but even if by some chance all the other people who applied died and they had to take me, I don't think I'd go at this point. All the snow...and the real expensive housing...plus, there isn't much to do in Ithaca.

I've been told that life as a grad/professional student at Cornell is lonely. The bars are mostly for the 19 year-olds with fake IDs.

Plus that, there's no way my boyfriend (also a Cornell grad) is going to sacrifice being near NYC to live with me in Ithaca, and then I'd be sad.

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »
so this is turning into a thread about reasons not to go to cornell.  ;D

chevelle - that isn't a still from Romance, is it?

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2005, 11:24:45 PM »

Nope it's from The Rules of Attraction.

I can make you all feel better about being rejected from Cornell. For example, once I walked home from class - a 15 minute walk from the building and to my apartment in Collegetown - and I couldn't feel my fingers for like a half hour, because it was so cold out. Plus I was wearing two pairs of gloves.

When they shovel, they only shovel in front of the Administration Building. Oh no, wouldn't want the President to get some snow on his expensive suit.

They also just have these random thunder and lightning storms. It was sunny when I left work, but by the time I walked home, it was raining so hard one of my contact lenses got washed up into my eye.

And Ithaca pizza sucks.

:)

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2005, 12:20:23 AM »

I can make you all feel better about being rejected from Cornell. For example, once I walked home from class - a 15 minute walk from the building and to my apartment in Collegetown - and I couldn't feel my fingers for like a half hour, because it was so cold out. Plus I was wearing two pairs of gloves.

When they shovel, they only shovel in front of the Administration Building. Oh no, wouldn't want the President to get some snow on his expensive suit.

They also just have these random thunder and lightning storms. It was sunny when I left work, but by the time I walked home, it was raining so hard one of my contact lenses got washed up into my eye.

And Ithaca pizza sucks.

LOLOL i love this post. made my night. especially the contact lens bit, don't know why but that just got me.

you know, i might be kidding myself about my ability to manage the weather - i grew up in the northeast, but i have been in socal for so long that i wear a scarf and gloves when it is 55 degrees outside. (no coat, just a sweater and a scarf and gloves. pathetic.)

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2005, 12:22:46 AM »

And Ithaca pizza sucks.

LOLOL i love this post. made my night. especially the contact lens bit, don't know why but that just got me.

you know, i might be kidding myself about my ability to manage the weather - i grew up in the northeast, but i have been in socal for so long that i wear a scarf and gloves when it is 55 degrees outside. (no coat, just a sweater and a scarf and gloves. pathetic.)

55 means its time to break out the shorts and t-shirts coz summer has arrived!
HLS '09

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2005, 01:43:43 AM »

55 means its time to break out the shorts and t-shirts coz summer has arrived!

we have a word for people like you.

tourists.

:D :D ;D :D :D