Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help - I need advice re: LOR correcting  (Read 229 times)

ljl3y

• View Profile
Help - I need advice re: LOR correcting
« on: December 22, 2005, 02:01:41 PM »
Hi everyone and happy holidays.  The strike seems to be over here in NYC so that's good...

I have a question and I need the group's valuable advice.  I found out that one of my recommenders sent in the wrong LOR to LSDAS and now every school has been sent an LOR for some other student with my LSDAS report.  I found out on Tuesday, and my prof. sent in a new LOR to LSDAS.  I sent emails to all the schools I applied to, advising that a new LSDAS report would be coming (further to a call I had w/ LSDAS).  Yesterday, when I followed up w/ them, LSDAS advised that it would be two or more weeks until the new reports were processed. So what should I do?

1) Contact all the schools (again) and ask for fax #s, get my prof to send the LORs directly (noting that w/ the holiday not sure if I can get my professor to do this until 1st week of Jan)

2) Wait it out, and face the facts that I won't be complete at most schools until mid to late Jan (!!)

3) Some schools offered to "call the file complete" with the existing 1 LOR  (from my current work) if I wanted.  Thing is, I have a terrible UG GPA, and really needed this LOR from my prof who can testify to the fact that my last two years at university I was brilliant (its the first two years that were bad and they were so long ago...)

I feel like so much is riding on these apps, and they could all go either way.  I really wanted no "blips", but the one thing I was unable to control has gone wrong!  I'm feeling a bit stressed about it, so any advice or comfort, etc would be much appreciated!!

Best of luck to all of you, and happy new year!
173/2.97
5 yrs WE NY Law Firm
Non-trad (2 sons)
C'ville-bound!

IN: VIRGINIA (off the WL)!!! Wisconsin($), W&L($), Fordham PT, Richmond($, w/d), UIUC($$, w/d), Cardozo($$, w/d), Miami (w/d), Hastings($, w/d)
OUT:Chicago, NYU, Columbia
WL: Michigan, Emory, Fordham FT, W&M, UT Austin, Vandy