Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale 250 that got a kid in last year--critique it  (Read 56053 times)

Stuart

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Yale 250 that got a kid in last year--critique it
« Reply #520 on: March 08, 2007, 01:40:07 AM »
I think of all the famous authors out there, Barrie might be the most frequently discussed in psych classes.

No kidding? How cool! And here I've been feeling bitter that he's almost never discussed in lit classes. I've just been looking in the wrong place.

I can well imagine, though. He'd be an interesting case study for a good many things. Especially since he analyzed himself so freely in all of his work.

annita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 08, 2007, 07:41:38 AM »
Well -- thanks guys! I appreciate it. And prole, you should definitely follow that urge! Barrie is great.  ;D No better time to start, either. Beinecke Library at Yale has the world's largest collections of Barrie's personal papers and letters. Being near it would be quite a draw for me, actually. If they let poor law students anywhere near.

They do. They actually had a big Barrie exhibit there a couple of years ago.

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »
Law students have full access to Beinecke, just like everybody else, so if you're hear you'll be able to read Barrie's private thoughts all day long.

Stuart

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2007, 08:31:16 PM »
That would be sweet!

I visited this weekend... Went into the Beinecke, but didn't have time to look into finding anything out about Barrie. Nice to know, though.

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2007, 01:11:57 AM »
I posted mine way back when, but I thought I'd post it again as a public service (in terms of making other 250s look even better):

The final sentence made me cringe a bit, but otherwise I loved it!  This is probably my favorite from the thread so far.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I certainly think the end was very weak-but I'd gone through at least ten versions and I was just sick of it. Sick sick sick.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 26, 2007, 04:00:50 PM »
Pro,

I'd be pretty emo too if I had 4 heads.  That sux.
Yale.Law.School.2010

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 26, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
Pro,

I'd be pretty emo too if I had 4 heads.  That sux.

I make do with what I have and it made for a heck of a personal statement, so I can't complain.
Unfortunately, despite the fact that two of my heads are very cantankerous (due to some drama that I can't go into right now), LSAC refused to give me extra time on the LSAT.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 26, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »
I make do with what I have and it made for a heck of a personal statement, so I can't complain.
Unfortunately, despite the fact that two of my heads are very cantankerous (due to some drama that I can't go into right now), LSAC refused to give me extra time on the LSAT.

Can't say it hurt you too much w/ the app cycle though.  You've probably stated this elsewhere already, but will you be at the YLS ASW?  I'm planning on being there, though I don't think I've registered for it yet.
Yale.Law.School.2010