chidochido

• Rebuilding
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sapotauro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: McNabb Faces Criticism from the NAACP
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 09:00:39 PM »
Man, can he ever catch a break?!?

Next thing you know, they're gonna be suing him AND his mom for the sodium content in Campbell's...

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 10:52:21 PM »
 Gordon needed to denounce the statement. The statement was racist and unnecessary.  All black people do not have to be the same, and dude’s (Philly NAACP prez) statement suggested that all black athletes should fit a mold or they are a sell out.  That was irresponsible and plain wrong.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 11:49:52 AM »
That had to be one of the stupidest comments regrading race i've heard...from anybody. I've really been struggling lately with trying to understand where exactly where NAACP is headed. They have been taking more than a few questionable stands in my opinion.

Slow Blues

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 12:46:45 PM »
That had to be one of the stupidest comments regrading race i've heard...from anybody. I've really been struggling lately with trying to understand where exactly where NAACP is headed. They have been taking more than a few questionable stands in my opinion.

As I understand it, the dude was stating his personal opinion in his column but people assumed from his position as NAACP Philadelphia President, that he spoke for the NAACP as an organization. And Gordon had to tell the dude to STFU. It was one of the dumbest things I've heard; he gets on McNabb for being a QB but not on Owens for acting like a you-know-what?

What stands by the NAACP would you say are questionable?

THE BLUE SWEATER

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 01:56:40 PM »
I'll start with the NAACP letting Kerry stand up at one of there conferences and appluading that clown after claiming that he'll be the second black president.

Slow Blues

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 08:18:02 AM »
I'll start with the NAACP letting Kerry stand up at one of there conferences and appluading that clown after claiming that he'll be the second black president.

Say you're joking. Please say you're fcking with me.

You know, I didn't major in history, but I could've sworn there have been 43 white men that have been President. Nary a brother in the bunch.

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 09:36:36 AM »
You know, I didn't major in history, but I could've sworn there have been 43 white men that have been President. Nary a brother in the bunch.

Well, Clinton had Negro tendencies. And some black activists seem to be looking for a fight. First the comments about Mike Steel and now this.  We need to work on internal diplomacy and not talking about each other to the media and causing a scene.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 03:10:42 PM »
No I am not joking the NAACP was in APPLAUSE when Kerry claimed to be the second BLACK president. Barley made C-SPAN. Why becuase BLACK AMERICA DIDNT CARE!!!! (Thats who the NAACP represents right?) The NAACP has lost focus. How can they make such a big deal over a former crypt and murder (And the only reason he is "former is because he got caught). And have Rosa Parks barley making rent in some rat infested hole somewhere. Oh but everyone wanted to celebrate her when she was dead and the cameras were around.Those guys have turned into a bunch of limelight seeking lemmings with no moral focus. It is really a shame how such a institution can be in such despair and no one says anything.

Slow Blues

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 05:50:09 PM »
Perhaps because the NAACP is irrelevant? With all respect to those trailblazers such as Rosa Parks, but the era of Jim Crow, colored fountains, and the time where marches and protests sparked real change is over. We're in a new era, with new problems that demand new solutions. We have failing schools, persistent poverty, and the decline, if not failure of the nuclear black family, among other issues. Not to mention New Orleans lay in ruins. And I don't see the NAACP doing anything about it.

Change isn't going to come from the NAACP, another Million Man March, or getting another Democrat elected President. It is going to come from people like you and I, John Galt, Burning Sands, Agitator, Uncle Max, and Alcibiades, and many others that you don't know.