FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
Re: PETITION TO END ALL AA THREADS
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 01:24:52 AM »
Unsigned.

I fully understand what you're staying, and I agree.

However, this entire board is pointless (by that, I mean LSD).  Further, banning discussion of issues doesn't solve anything. 

I know it's frustrating to have these pop up in your unreads all the time, but then, you are the one who posted in them in the first place.  And by "you", I mean "we". 

That oughta learn us.  hahahaha

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:49:02 AM »
if u dont want to read or get involved in those threads, dont post on the affirmative action section of the board.

HK

• One country, Two Systems...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ZacharyJL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 05:44:11 AM »
if u dont want to read or get involved in those threads, dont post on the affirmative action section of the board.

I second this...nobody is being forced to read this board.

SCgrad

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 05:46:06 AM »

I second this...nobody is being forced to read this board.

thirded, I guess you're not getting the sigs you want, huh.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 10:33:54 AM »
I'll be the fourth to be against your suggestion.

I agree with you that discussing opinions on AA is completely pointless and often leads to frustration and animosity.  But it is such a hot topic in the world of law school admissions that it is bound to be discussed on this board.

Eliminating the specialized thread will lead to the same posts being made in other threads.  I for one would rather the discussion be kept in a thread I normally won't check rather than be strewn throughout the more relevant threads.

SCgrad

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 05:18:49 PM »

They are usually unproductive, lead to pointless arguments, and consistently fill people's unread replies with posts that have already been made 100 times. It took me a while to realize it, but this board is essentially pointless. Anyone who agrees can sign on; who knows, maybe it will actually get shut down.

Hey, thats your fault

Actually, every once in a while, someone writes something a little different, but I do agree it is mostly the same 3 posts written with slightly different words.

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 10:43:30 PM »
I have not changed my opinon on AA, but I have changed my opinion on how to approach it.

Bitching about it to people who have nothing to do with AA existing is pointless.  From their point of view, it looks as if we (I say we b/c I have done this before- cue George Jefferson) are accusing them of somehow cheating their way into law school.

Regardless of how we/you/I feel about AA, it exits right now.  It probably will be around for a while.

Ok- so thats all.  I'm sure the AA threads will continue, but I am signing the petition.

John Galt

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 10:45:22 PM »
bleh. Let the AA discussions continue. ImVinny makes me laugh.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 01:37:13 AM »
It's a lot more fun laughing from New Haven.   ;) :D