Law School Discussion

Did I screw myself out of a merit scholarship by applying PT?

phooey

Did I screw myself out of a merit scholarship by applying PT?
« on: December 20, 2005, 06:53:26 PM »
So schools don't have to report LSAT/GPA for PT'ers..does that mean I can kiss a merit scholarship goodbye since I applied PT?
I'm around 75th percentile LSAT and above the 75th percentile GPA at my "safety" which is a school I would actually really like to attend, but attending isn't a realistic option for me unless I get some $$$ from them. 

Would there be any other motivation for a school to throw a little cash my way besides wanting my stats to help boost their rank?

Re: Did I screw myself out of a merit scholarship by applying PT?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 10:56:38 AM »
I got an LSAT scholarship at my first law school, and I was attending PT. Not sure what schools use to differentiate that stuff.

For my school this time, I was offered no money, while other people with the same numbers were offered a ton of cash, the difference being I was applying for Spring and they were applying for fall and I was told that there is more money for fall since its a new fiscal year.

Bastids

upNdown

• My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:05:47 PM »
It probably didn't help.  I'll tell you something else unfair, at the Suffolk Open house, the financial aid director told us that they give very little need based financial aid to part time students because it is presumed that they'll be working and thus be able to pay.  Crazy. 

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:14:39 PM »
that is not right...