Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: accused of cheating  (Read 5372 times)

bosco8440

accused of cheating
« on: December 20, 2005, 08:50:32 PM »
I realize this seems pointless...but this was so stressful I just had to share:

On the October LSAT, I had this horrible proctor who wasn't a native English speaker, and went through the bubbling info too quickly.  I didn't finish, and I didn't want to use my testing time to finish it, so when they were collecting tests before the break, I asked the other proctor if I could bubble it in first.  So she said yes, and stood over me, watching me to make sure I bubbled in the info and not answers.  The proctor saw and came over and took my test from me and accused me of working after time was called.  She wrote me up, and so I had to take the last part of the test, including the Logic Games section, thinking I was in deep trouble.

After the test, I went and confronted her about it, and said that I asked permission, and I was given permission.  She accused me of harassing her and threatened to write me up a second time.  At that point three other students came up and said they didn't finish bubbling their personal info, like me, and asked if they could finish it, AND SHE LET THEM.  So I demanded to speak to her supervisor, and she told me the room where I could find her.  The test was in this really confusng building, and I walked all over the place, and finally found the room.  As it turns out, she sent me to a different door (with a different number) to the same room!  I just barely caught her packing up the last of the papers, it seemed pretty obvious that she just wanted to get rid of me.  So I demanded that she take me to her supervisor and she did.

The supervisor was actually in the room when the "irregularity" happened and said it was ridiculous and tore up the forms.  Whew!  I was so freaked out that it probably affected my score and essay, but I am just thankful that I'm not under "investigation."

Elle Esdee

• View Profile
Re: accused of cheating
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 10:23:19 PM »
I hope you filed a complaint with LSAC.

bosco8440

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 11:37:57 PM »
No, I didn't, because I was afraid that what happened technically constituted an "irregularity" whether the supervisor thought so or not.  According to the literature on the LSAC site, if anything resembling an irregularity occurs, they have to report it and can't take it back.  And from what I gather about LSAC hearings, the burden of proof is on the accused.  Thus, I was hesitant to push my luck and was satisfied that I got out of there like I did.

hydro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 08:43:40 PM »
i wouldve raised a ruckus

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 12:36:03 AM »
yeah i would have thrown a fit and probably gotten arrested or something.

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 09:30:22 PM »
that really sucks but at least you didn't get written up, that would have really sucked

you also didn't inform us of whether it affected you score or not

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:14 PM »
uncle ruckus that is..... ::)

i wouldve raised a ruckus