Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PowerScore Weekend LSAT Course  (Read 1879 times)

tl_fla_05

• View Profile
PowerScore Weekend LSAT Course
« on: July 15, 2004, 02:51:50 PM »
Who has taken this and found it to be very helpful?

They don't offer the full length course where I live.  So it isn't an option.

Is it worth the $395?

Edited to add: Another concern is the course is only offered the weekend before the Oct LSAT.  I will be studying on my own prior to taking the course, but will this give me enough time to apply the techniques I learn before the exam?

TL

M2

Re: PowerScore Weekend LSAT Course
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:17:35 PM »
I thought this class was great, but you really need at least a week to do all the homework.
Are you sure its not offered at any other time?

It would probably still be worth taking, but honestly I found the homework to be more useful than the class itself.

tl_fla_05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 03:28:01 PM »
I thought this class was great, but you really need at least a week to do all the homework.
Are you sure its not offered at any other time?

It would probably still be worth taking, but honestly I found the homework to be more useful than the class itself.

Unfortunately, it is only offered the weekend before :(.  The next closest weekend test center is about 240 miles away in Miami.  They offer it two weeks before the exam.

What kind of homework do they give you?

Thanks for the response.

M2

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 04:29:51 PM »
They give you this huge book with tons of excercises to do.

When you say weekend before...do you mean the class is friday/sat and the LSAT is monday?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 04:37:53 PM »
I took it in Boston, and it was great stuff.

tl_fla_05

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 04:55:19 PM »

When you say weekend before...do you mean the class is friday/sat and the LSAT is monday?

The course is a sat/sun course and the LSAT is the following Saturday.

tl_fla_05

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 04:55:50 PM »
I took it in Boston, and it was great stuff.

M2

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 05:14:04 PM »

The course is a sat/sun course and the LSAT is the following Saturday.

ok you might be ok then...I thought you would only have 1 day or two.
I think this class is great for reinforcing powerscore techniques...
I am assuming you are using the LG bible? If not...you should check it out

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 09:56:44 AM »
Tl_fla: Consider taking a mini "vacation" to Miami that weekend. You really need some time *after* the class to absorb and practice the strategies. I took the weekend course two weeks before I was supposed to take the June LSAT, and although I've already been prepping on my own, I still wished I had more time to really let the techniques sink in so I ended up pushing my test to October. In fact, I'd try to go to an even earlier Miami class if there was one. Sometimes they have another weekend class a month before the test. The key to doing well is learning the proper strategies and then practicing them over and over. You won't gain any magic short-cuts or smoking-gun techniques in the weekend class, so there's no point taking the class a week before the test when you're not going to have enough time to practice applying what you learn. Anything is better than nothing of course, but you'd really be short-changing yourself.

Gummibearz

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - gummibearz
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 10:38:59 AM »
i am having the same dilemna about taking the weekend class.  they offer the full length course in miami, but I am currently in china, and won't be back until the end of august and the class starts in the beginning.  i want to take the test in oct in order to apply early to the schools i want to go to, but i'm afraid i won't have enough time to prepare.  so i'm tempted to wait until dec in order to get the best possible score.   i've been doing alright on the practice tests, above 160, but, i'd like to hit at least 170.  any advice? 
Attending:  Tulane, Class of 2008!