/.
« on: December 20, 2005, 01:45:32 PM »

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 01:48:08 PM »
Depends.  Most school hold some sort of orientation program that is worth some credit, so attendance is mandatory.

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 01:49:42 PM »
I think it's pretty important for you personally, and in the eyes of your new school, to be there for those orientation things, although 90% of them will probably be useless happy crap.

Where's the wedding? You might have to make a run for it, and come back to orientation in your bridesmaids dress!

:D

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 02:03:29 PM »
I am a 1L, my orientation (as are most) was required, but it is still possible to skip it.  It will depend on the school, when will you be registering, etc.  Just tell them that you cannot be there day X or X and Y and they will do whatever is necessary to get you up to speed.  25% of my orientation was worthless, 25% helpful, and 50% was stuff I needed to do but could have done at another time (its just easier if everyone does it at once).  I'm sure you can make the wedding, most orientations end Friday or during the week sometime, maybe you will miss the rehersal, but that's not the end of the world.  As far as meeting people goes you will have plenty of time for that, then you'll be stuck in class everyday with some of them, you can't not meet people.  I wouldn't want to miss the whole orientation though, if you don't have to, another words don't skip all of orientation just to hang out, go to a baculorete party, rehersal dinner, get your hair and nails done togather, and go to a spa.