Law School Discussion

chidochido

• Rebuilding
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What are your thoughts on Government Wiretaps?
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 01:31:04 PM »
Yeah you. Or was that someone else in the "Transit Strike" thread? Not sure...maybe you just look like someone I know...

chidochido

• Rebuilding
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 01:41:08 PM »
Yesterday you were being a Repo Man.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2005, 04:51:26 PM »
i don't remember what i say half the time.  sorry.  was i being a democrat or a republican that day?

just re-read...

now that is funny...keep up the good work. :D

be10dwn

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2005, 10:12:34 PM »
I wonder hoow much pressure the admin is putting on Israel re Iran?  Boy what if Netanyahu gets elected...

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2005, 12:49:54 AM »
someone would have stroke?

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 07:12:54 AM »
In the impeachment of Richard Nixon, Article 2 of the three Articles of impeachment dealt with illegal wiretapping of Americans.
jsia

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 08:44:34 AM »
Nixon wasn't impeached...jsia heh

Oh and who ever said this isn't a 4th amendment issue is wrong. The 4th amend. has been interpreted to include a prohibition against wiretapping w/o a warrant or at least a warrant w/in 72hrs after the fact. The statutes give more protection. If Bush ordered illegal wiretapping he needs to be impeached though..

Here I mildy correct a technical detail of the previous poster. Then I cover myself on the statute issue, because I really don't know if a statute has been violated, but it's pretty clear that Bush violated the 4th amend. If I really wanted to show that a statute was violated I'd do some research to find out what the statutes say - something the posters who wish to show this should do.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 12:00:17 PM »
if impeach, get darth cheney.  better to let those two bring down republican party like nixon.

redemption

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 12:04:52 PM »
Denny as Pres would be too funny. Yes, bring down Darth Cheney; we need a good laugh

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2005, 12:13:24 PM »
Nixon wasn't impeached...jsia heh

Oh and who ever said this isn't a 4th amendment issue is wrong. The 4th amend. has been interpreted to include a prohibition against wiretapping w/o a warrant or at least a warrant w/in 72hrs after the fact. The statutes give more protection. If Bush ordered illegal wiretapping he needs to be impeached though..

Well the House Judiciary Committee had recommended impeachment to the House of Representatives, but Nixon resigned before the House voted on the articles.  One could argue that his resignation was a recognition that he was about to be impeached.  Anyhow, what I wrote should have read "the impeachment process".