Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Mac Club  (Read 863 times)

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The Mac Club
« on: December 20, 2005, 02:31:46 AM »
Post here if you own/use a mac primarily or even secondarily with your type, and vent your frustration with the occasional glitches in LSAC's mac support.

I'll start:
Dual 2.5 ghz G5
1.5 ghz Powerbook G4

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Mac Club
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 02:43:43 AM »
I once had a Mac.  Loved it.  Damn thing did nothing but work right all the time.

Can't say that for my PC.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 02:53:44 AM »
i use a dell PC. 

does that count?

I would have to say no.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 02:55:51 AM »
You're President of your own Club, though, one that's probably bigger than this one will ever be. And I need to join it, too, since I've spent many hours up late at night posting on LSD.

It's good to be home and typing away on my beautiful PowerBook late at night, while my mom is asleep because she has to give finals tomorrow.  :o

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 03:00:07 AM »
Oh goody, I love chairs. I hope I'm the chair of something important. Maybe I can write it on my law school app.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 03:07:19 AM »
http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2004/10/images/freshmen.mov

I loves it.

And I'm not shamed to admit I hope to be among them, come Fall 2007.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 03:16:51 AM »
*Opens with the cat-ear lady in my avatar*

Cat freshmen: Oh my gosh, you're going to Berkeley? You must be smart.

Fade to:

Two African-American freshmen females appear. One says "Ohhh!" *Holds Berkeley ID card in hand like it's the Holy Grail* "I've made it, I'm a Berkeley student!"

Hispanic looking guy: "I wanted to be on the campus the second I got accepted. (Yeah, you might want to finish up with that little detail known as high school, though I know the 2nd semester is largely a joke)

Girl of unknown ethnic origin: "Both of my parents graduated from Cal." *Obvious and bad cut with the same girl* "I was like their Baby Bear."

Slightly nerdy looking guy: "I was checking out a few other schools...Not Stanford."

Girl that seems WAY too happy to be here: "Berkeley is the number ONE public university..." (Almost like she got accepted from WL or something)

Two random guys: "I really look forward to going to class next Monday..." (Boy, they'll learn fast)

Another girl: "You're never gonna be like...abnormal...like everyone is abnormal together." (Sounds like she has some issues from HS)

Guy: This place will bring out the best in me-I'm ready for it. (Not sure who he's trying to convince here)

Voiceover: UC Berkeley: Changing the world. One student at a time.

There's a montage of people holding up their Cal IDs.

Finally, cut to cat girl(my favorite) holding her cal Id and whispering "Berkeley!" while waving her finger around the ID, to indicate its magical properties.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 03:35:30 AM »
It was quite real. I <3 Berkeley.

The facilities may not be as great as say, Michigan's, and ironically I may have a lower chance there due to my GPA than other similarly ranked schools, but man, I hope being a California resident counts for something.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 03:40:15 AM »
Silly SW, you don't see the sun that much in the bay area. Which is exactly why I love it. Plus, I'm hoping it'll rain a bunch more than here in LA and SB.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 03:48:02 AM »
SoCal has the monopoly on sun. The Bay Area tends to be foggier and colder, at least around the Berkeley area. High-well, who knows. In Berkeley, pot is practically legal, and Santa Cruz definitely has that going on. I wouldn't really know, as I have never visited either UCB or UCSC as a college student and felt it out. I'd give Berkeley a look, if sun was the only reason you haven't applied.