Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone taken/will take Powerscore in Dallas?  (Read 2594 times)

Gemini

• View Profile
Anyone taken/will take Powerscore in Dallas?
« on: July 15, 2004, 02:04:18 AM »
I am thinking about taking the Powerscore course for Oct. LSAT. Has anyone on this board taken either full-length or weekend course in Dallas? If so, any comments and advices will be greatly appreciated!

So far, I have taken some real LSAT's from 10 More Actual LSAT book, and scored 168-169 under timed conditions. My main problem is with Logic Games -- still missing 1/4 to 1/3 of all questions. Although I bought and read some of the Logic Games Bible, I still need a lot help in this area.

On the other hand, I am quite comfortable with Logical Reasoning (Missing 0-2 per 35 min session). Reading Comprehension is very unpredictable for me. I have missed anywhere between 2-6 questions per session, mostly on the passage structure/main point/attitude questions.

From your experience, do you think taking a PowerScore course at this point will be a good idea? I work full-time and have community service projects, so it is hard to sit down and concentrate. Will a full-length course be the best idea, or should I just take a weekend course, or even just study on my own?

Thanks for reading and I welcome all suggestions!

foxnewssucks

Re: Anyone taken/will take Powerscore in Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 02:27:32 AM »
What type of game are you having the most trouble with?  I just started Testmasters and it is great... I think it is called perfectscore in TX.

monkeyboi

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 05:27:04 AM »
I was in the same boat as you. The Powerscore course will have you scoring in the high 170's if you work at it and use their methods. My score went up by 17 points.

TUtiger05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 09:34:48 AM »
I am in the exact same boat as you also (nearly the exact same score with nearly all mistakes on the LG section).  I plan on taking the Powerscore Weekend Course in Austin this Sept.  If nothing else it should be a good review and confidence booster as I will have already studied the LG Bible cover to cover and once more.  Have you heard anything about the PS teachers for the Texas area?
3.83/171

Gemini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 08:17:19 PM »
monkeyboi,

I saw some of your previous posts. So you are a instructor at PowerScore? Which city do you teach?

Is there any way to find out who teaches in Dallas?

Gemini

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 08:19:45 PM »
TUtiger05,

I was leaning towards taking a weekend class, but the earliest one offerred is in mid August. In case I find out by then that I need additional help, it will be too late to sign up for a full-length one.

When I was reading this board before, a poster brought it up that someone named Jeremy is teaching in TX (I think Dallas) and he's supposely good.

badmoonontherise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 09:08:10 PM »
I took Powerscore in Dallas with Jeremy.  I thought it was awesome.  He is a good instructor and I think he could help you, especially with logic games.  I went from missing about half to missing only 1 on the real thing.
3.85/167

badmoonontherise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 09:08:26 PM »
I took Powerscore in Dallas with Jeremy.  I thought it was awesome.  He is a good instructor and I think he could help you, especially with logic games.  I went from missing about half to missing only 1 on the real thing.
3.85/167

Gemini

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »
badmoonontherise,

That's fantastic! May I ask if you took the full-length course? And how long ago was it?

Also, how many students were there in your class?

Thanks!

badmoonontherise

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 02:07:53 PM »
I took the full length class for the June test.  I would say there was about 10 kids in my class.  It was a good size.  Jeremy would also take time to meet with people individually about tests, which helped me out quite a bit.  He is also really good at building confidence in people.  I would recommend the full length if you can afford it.  It is a lot of work, but it would definitely pay off.
3.85/167