Law School Discussion

Common Info Form: Does Everything Need to Be Filled Out?

Luxor

• View Profile
Common Info Form: Does Everything Need to Be Filled Out?
« on: December 18, 2005, 07:55:25 PM »
I've left my High School GPA, Rank, and College Rank blank on my Common Information form.  Since I've yet to send in any apps, I don't know if this will be a problem or not.  Would someone mind telling me from recent experience whether it's acceptable not to list that info on the form?

ceb

Re: Common Info Form: Does Everything Need to Be Filled Out?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 07:56:53 PM »
No, the common info form just automatically fills certain areas in, so you don't have to type your address on a million apps. Nobody sees your common info form; its just to help you.

Luxor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 08:00:45 PM »
Thanks, ceb--makes a whole lot more sense now.  Another question: Is the % college rank that LSAC lists on the Academic Report the same as your overall class rank, or is it the class rank as compared to other grads. from your university who have taken the LSAT?  I'm too lazy to call my school to learn what my rank was

Hobert

• Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 08:03:13 PM »
If you do use it, make sure there are no errors. Otherwise it will propagate into each app and you might not see it until it is too late. I accidentally put my LSAT date as 06/06/2006 instead of 06/06/2005. My wife and I both missed it when proof reading the first 2 apps I sent out. I had to send addendums to fix it. I still wonder if that was the straw that broke the camel's back pushing me from ED to the regular pool at Texas...

ceb

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 08:04:33 PM »
The % rank on your academic summary report is NOT your class rank. Its the class rank compared to other law school applicants from your university.  Unless your rank on it is top 1%, I would call your school and ask.