Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Expectations  (Read 1626 times)

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LSAT Expectations
« on: July 14, 2004, 06:00:15 PM »
I've been reading some posts about people asking if they can get in such and such schools with X GPA and hopefully Y LSAT.  I was wondering how many people actually get the LSAT score they want? Higher? Lower?

rwhitman

Re: LSAT Expectations
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

I got 'close' to the score I wanted of 170, but I had to work at it for 2 months and I took the lsat twice. I got a 168 on my last one. My scores ranged from 163 to 176 depending on the test. I found that I had a big jump in my scores after practicing on about 10 tests, then only minor variances of 4-5 points after that.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 01:46:12 AM »
From what I've seen since Jube 14, it pretty much all averages out.  some did worse, some did better, and some were right on.  All 1/3's being equal.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

UVaOK

• The 80's Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 11:40:16 PM »
I tested on the June 14th administration and was pleasantly surprised by the addition of ~9-10 points to my practice test average.  I think this was largely due to the easy games section, which is usually my score assassin.
Looking for a way to get rid of this pesky $170,000...

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Cavalier135

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 11:24:34 AM »
Mine stayed about the same as I was practicing, but the breakdown was way different from what I expected.  I did much better on the games that I thought I would, but the reading comp was the hardest one I'd ever seen, and I did much worse on that that I did on my practices.
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

Kwertee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 11:26:52 AM »
I put all of my practice LSAT scores in a time series and applied a logarithmic regression, and my predicted score on the actual was a 177.1.  So I guess you can say I met my expectations perfectly.

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 03:53:48 PM »
I tested on the June 14th administration and was pleasantly surprised by the addition of ~9-10 points to my practice test average.  I think this was largely due to the easy games section, which is usually my score assassin.

I second this.  My 171 was considerably higher than my practice tests.  I know I am probably more at a ~165 level, but I got lucky.

calguy815

• Sr. Citizen
  • NYU '07
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calguy815
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 04:09:59 PM »
The games section for me was also my wild card.  I never deviate more than 1 point in each of the LR or RC sections.  But my games section has ranged from 1 wrong to 10 wrong.  Fortunately I got 4 games on the real test that, while not easy, were ones that I knew how to do (including the round table game that I loved and many people found difficult).  I got 2 wrong in that section, with other sections being exactly as expected.  I ended up with the high end of my score range.