Law School Discussion

In at Kent

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: In at Kent
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 10:56:42 PM »
Kent has definately passed DePaul and I would argue based on the impression I get from people that work in the city that DePaul is closer to John Marshall than it is to Kent.

Kent's money is a scam, they give it out knowing they will take some of it back so be VERY VERY careful when this situation occures.  If you can get garenteed money you are better off taking that.

Otherwise, Kent is an awsome school, I will be applying there next fall.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
OP, can you provide your numbers? I'm waiting to hear back from Kent and finished my apps right around the same time as you. I'm getting antsy waiting for Kent to get back to me.

3.2, 165.

In other news, I've heard from NO ONE since before Christmas.  Very frustrating.

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 12:37:30 PM »
Kent's money is a scam, they give it out knowing they will take some of it back so be VERY VERY careful when this situation occures.  If you can get garenteed money you are better off taking that.

I dunno if it's a scam, per se.  It's just performance based.  DePaul does it as well.  I was offered money by both, and DePaul actually requires a higher GPA to renew it.

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 08:16:21 AM »
Finally, in at Kent! No $$ though, which really sucks because I was hoping for atleast the renewable offer....But in nonetheless....

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 11:55:58 AM »

I dunno if it's a scam, per se.  It's just performance based.  DePaul does it as well.  I was offered money by both, and DePaul actually requires a higher GPA to renew it.

You are correct, I say its a scam because they give out more than the amount of people that can renew, so they give out money KNOWING that the will take some of it away.