Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Overnight Posters Club  (Read 374794 times)

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
Re: The Overnight Poster's Club
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2005, 03:42:02 AM »
Well, I wasn't speaking specifically, but rather in general.  Related to the rising popularity of gym rats in this country.  You have college campuses with easy access to free gym facilities and tons of testosterone to throw around.  Exiting that environment, you find all of a sudden large fees for memberships and that the gym isn't a campus walk away.  It is a recipe for disappointment for some of the population.

Also, I am quite unmuscular, an endomorph and not bitter.  Just my bone and musculature that I was born with that makes it difficult to generate any "size."  Don't get me wrong, I know how to do it and have a bench press in my room, I'm just never going to be a beefcake and thats ok. 

:)

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Nah, you didn't offend anyone.

Your bone and musculature is no real excuse.  :P ;D  I have a "natural" weight of about 135 pounds.  I'm 180 pounds.  It took me a lot of work (and I f-ing hate gyms, but I play rugby), but I got there, and I'm proud of it.

Your first paragraph intrigues me.  Indeed, access is easier for college testosterone junkies, especially those with a bit of money kicking around to buy themselves protein shakes, glutamine, creatine, and all the other cool "stacks" and jazz that goes with beefing up.  (Wish I had access to that, but @#!*, gotta survive first, eh?) 

You're right about the lack of access outside of school.  Getting to the gym is expensive and difficult.  Making the time for it is even more difficult.  As a result, even during the schoolyear (my gym is too busy during the hours that I'm at school), I don't even really get to go, and when I don't have school, I have to pay extra, which kills my last workout boner.  Yet I do it, because it's healthy, and I feel good about having a bit of muscle, something that most men in my family completely lack. 

So, on the one hand, I know where you're coming from.  On the other hand, I know that these are all obstacles that can be overcome.

But hell, if it's not a priority for you, then who cares?   :D

It's not even really a priority for me, otherwise I'd be going 4 or 5 times a week all year round like my fellow rugby gymrats.  Maybe then practice wouldn't hurt so much, either. 
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

fallofftheworld

• Sr. Citizen
  • DON'T TALK ABOUT MY WALLPAPER
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2005, 03:43:04 AM »
Trust me, it's weirder than you think.  I work out at Golds gym, downtown LA, (the same gym as Tracy Lords!) and the gym rats there are totally obnoxious.  THey are mainly egged on by the personal trainers though.  I swear a girl can't go 10 minutes on the elliptical without having someone hit on her.

any girl, or just you?  ;)

I'm going to agree that uber-muscely guys are stupid looking, mostly because I don't want to ever look like one of them.

They're really sorta freaky at the gym, like a weird little cult. 

Trust me, it's weirder than you think.  I work out at Golds gym, downtown LA, (the same gym as Tracy Lords!) and the gym rats there are totally obnoxious.  THey are mainly egged on by the personal trainers though.  I swear a girl can't go 10 minutes on the elliptical without having someone hit on her.

Where is it appropriate to hit on you then?

here, apparently.

Then, in that case!

tralala: 

Do you clean your computer monitor with windex?  Because I see myself in it.
You read familiar, you post here often?
You’re so fine, you make me want to go out and get a job instead of posting on these here forums.
You look a lot like my future E-wife.
If you were a new hamburger at McDonald's, you would be McGorgeous.

and

You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy.

fallofftheworld

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2005, 03:46:20 AM »

Well, I don't know if Sally Shamu would get lots of attention, but any normal-sized, normal looking girl, whether hot or not gets plenty of attention from the gym rats.

Eh, I'm still trying to figure that one out.  I've decided I'll never meet anyone worthwhile at a bar, so although guys hit on me there, I doubt it will ever mean anything other than free drinks ;D  The other places I meet people are kickball (I play for the Hollywood Adult Kickball League), through friends, or myabe get lucky and meet randomly somewhere. ???

Don't knock it, I had the most pleasureable (successful not sexual) relationship with someone who I didn't even meet online...

Her friend read my online journal and decided I'd be good material for her friend.  Valentine's Day blind date and we went strong for a good year until she moved away and you can't really date someone you never get to see.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2005, 03:46:29 AM »

I'm going to agree that uber-muscely guys are stupid looking, mostly because I don't want to ever look like one of them.

They're really sorta freaky at the gym, like a weird little cult. 

here, apparently.

Then, in that case!

tralala: 

You’re so fine, you make me want to go out and get a job instead of posting on these here forums.
You look a lot like my future E-wife.

and

I hope you didn't rip that last one off Warcraft!   :D :D :D

fallofftheworld

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2005, 03:47:04 AM »
no, no I didn't.  What does that have to do with Warcraft?

SCgrad

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2005, 03:48:13 AM »
Maybe he's doing a sheep...

in japan?  do they even have sheep?  :D

SC, serious question: are there sheep in japan???

:D :D

Never seen one (or done one).

And I had gone to sleep, which is a little funny that I went to sleep before Chica and J when it is 10 hours earlier here  :)

Or actually 14 hours later, but you get the picture.

fallofftheworld

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2005, 03:49:55 AM »
what does jsia mean?

And yeah, in honesty, persuasive language works a lot better than any line.  I had this one date with someone who was so disturbed that I was an atheist (she was a hardcore catholic) that I thought the date was over then and there.  That was until I dropped my voice down low, spoke softly and sincere.  I left her place at 5am.  Technique, finesse, execution, fundamentals of socializing.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2005, 03:51:45 AM »
what does jsia mean?

And yeah, in honesty, persuasive language works a lot better than any line.  I had this one date with someone who was so disturbed that I was an atheist (she was a hardcore catholic) that I thought the date was over then and there.  That was until I dropped my voice down low, spoke softly and sincere.  I left her place at 5am.  Technique, finesse, execution, fundamentals of socializing.

People actually think that pickup lines work?

fallofftheworld

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2005, 03:53:14 AM »

Then, in that case!

tralala: 

In my computer? That just sounds weird...this joke works better with pants...

As a matter of fact, I *am* here fairly often.... :-*

Well, I prefer Wendy's, but I'll take it.... *blushes*

and

My favorite salad dressing is called "Jamaica me crazy light"

Oh, and falloff, was your daddy a terrorist?  Cause baby, you're the bomb!

well, things are moving pretty fast, Let's make like a fabric softener and Snuggle.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2005, 03:55:11 AM »
That just made me hungry.  Damn you.