Law School Discussion

Deferred from Columbia ED

Deferred from Columbia ED
« on: December 15, 2005, 11:48:41 AM »
Just heard today.  I don't think there are too many of us, since most LSD/N-ers did really well with the early decision process this year.

But for those of us who will be waiting for several anxious months to hear back, come hang out here and wait with me!

8)

postal007

• Bite Me Fergie
    • View Profile
Re: Deferred from Columbia ED
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 01:08:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  You have great numbers and I bet you'll hear something positive from RD.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 01:24:34 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  You have great numbers and I bet you'll hear something positive from RD.

Thanks, man.  We're super close to being numbers twins, so best of luck to both of us  :)

Your deferral at Penn is making me very nervous... I know everyone is asking this of everyone else, but did you write the "Why Penn" essay (I did, since it's my third choice but also the most likely one for my acceptance... spent two weeks on that bad boy).

postal007

• Bite Me Fergie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 01:33:42 PM »

Thanks, man.  We're super close to being numbers twins, so best of luck to both of us  :)

Your deferral at Penn is making me very nervous... I know everyone is asking this of everyone else, but did you write the "Why Penn" essay (I did, since it's my third choice but also the most likely one for my acceptance... spent two weeks on that bad boy).

Thanks!

Nope, I didn't do the Why Penn, which seems very pivotal to Penn admissions (although I didn't do Why Umich either).  They kind of hinted at this when they said that they accepted additional documentation, so maybe that's why I was waitlisted.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
I still haven't heard anything but I suspect that I will be joining you guys soon....

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 11:58:16 AM »

I'm in the club!

My fourth deferral and the most special to date.

postal007

• Bite Me Fergie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 12:08:12 PM »

I'm in the club!

My fourth deferral and the most special to date.

Darn, that sucks Stardust.  I hope you get some good regular decisions =), definitely pulling for ya.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 12:20:42 PM »

Thanks, Postal. I figure, at least I'm still in the game.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 12:35:41 PM »
Why do you think relatively few ED applicants who weren't accepted have heard about being deferred/rejected?  LSN only lists a handful.  Do you think the letters were only recently sent out and there will be a bunch today and tomorrow?

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »

Yes. As Spaceman suggested above, it seems that we who have heard are in the tri-state area.