Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New England School of Law  (Read 862 times)

catamount

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
New England School of Law
« on: December 15, 2005, 08:42:09 AM »
Anyone else accepted to New England School of Law? At the bottom of my acceptance letter was handwritten "nothing like homemade desserts!" in the same laser-printer format as the signature of the admissions director. What the heck does that mean? Is that some legalese that I should know? I'm thinking it was a mistake. If anyone else got that on their letter, please let me know.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: New England School of Law
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 08:43:02 AM »
 :D :D :D :D

??? WTF???

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:07:17 AM »
That is strange.  There are 5 acceptances on Law School Numbers, all in the last two days, so I imagine we'll see more in the net few days. 

Are you saying that your letter didn't have a live signature on it, and that bizzare statement wasn't live either?  Wierd. 
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?

sarmstrong806

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 10:08:24 AM »
It probably means that they are stoners and eat pot brownies.

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 10:26:48 AM »
Anyone else accepted to New England School of Law? At the bottom of my acceptance letter was handwritten "nothing like homemade desserts!" in the same laser-printer format as the signature of the admissions director. What the heck does that mean? Is that some legalese that I should know? I'm thinking it was a mistake. If anyone else got that on their letter, please let me know.

So that wasn't a reference to your personal statement?  I wonder if it was a reference to somebody else's personal statement.
LSAT - 161

Out - BC, Northeastern

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 10:35:42 AM »
ive heard they do a lot of cutesy references to peoples PS in their acceptance letter. I knew this girl that got in there, her PS was about how her grandma wanted her to be a lawyer. New England's acceptance had a note on it saying "grandma was right" or something like that.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

redbottlecap

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:43:26 AM »
At the bottom of my acceptance letter was handwritten "nothing like homemade desserts!" in the same laser-printer format as the signature of the admissions director. What the heck does that mean?

Depending on your numbers, they're either enticing you to enroll by promising you food or demanding a bribe in return for accepting you.

If it's the former, don't let them weasel out of their promise.  No dessert, no tuition payment.  If it's the latter, just stop by the grocery store, pick up some Entenmann's, take it out of the box, and say it's homemade.  They'll never know.

catamount

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 12:02:29 PM »
My mistake- I figured it out... it WAS a reference, albiet obscure, to my personal statement where I refer to talk about my patients bringing me brownies.

It's good to see an admissions director writing a personal message on the acceptance letter.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »
I'm a little sad that there's an explaination, because it's such an amazing non sequitur without.

Contrats, BTW!    :)

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 12:35:12 PM »
I'm a little sad that there's an explaination, because it's such an amazing non sequitur without.

Contrats, BTW!    :)

I agree.  I'm expecting a letter from New England any day now and I was hoping I'd get a desserts reference too. 
LSAT - 161

Out - BC, Northeastern